15 - Meeting

That night, at The Burrow

Fred, George and Ginny were all playing games in the kitchen, while Harry, Lupin, Tonks, Dad, Mr. Weasley and I discussed our findings.

"Voldemort has chosen Draco Malfoy for a mission, has it occurred to you two Snape was only offering his help to Draco to find out what he was up to?" Lupin said. "That's not what it sounded like," Harry mumbled.

"Perhaps they're right, Remus, I mean- to make an unbreakable vow-"

"It all comes down to whether you trust Dumbledore's word, if Dumbledore trusts him, we do-"

"Dumbledore admitted he can make mistakes sometimes, he said so himself,"

"You're blinded by hatred,"

"No I'm not-"

"Yes. You. Are," Lupin yelled. "People are disappearing Harry, daily, we can only place our trust in a certain amount of people, if we start fighting amongst ourselves we're doomed," Lupin exclaimed.

"Do you mind if I chime in?" I asked quietly. "Of course, dear," Lupin sighed. "You know I would never lie to you about something like this, right?" I asked. "Go ahead," he motioned for me to tell us. "Draco has the mark," I stammered. "How'd you find out?" Tonks gasped. Lupin and Harry sat in shock; I hadn't told anyone, including them. "We were fighting, and he just sort of rolled up his sleeve," I looked at the floor, twiddling with my fingers.

"Are you sure?" Lupin asked. "Of course she's bloody sure, I knew I was right," Harry exclaimed. "Don't let it get to your head," I rolled my eyes at him. "But he doesn't want it, he was forced," I added. "How do you know?" Lupin asked. I hesitated, remembering what Draco had shown me that night. "He um," I couldn't get the words to roll off my tongue. "It's okay, dear," Lupin assured me. "There were cuts, on it.." I said, merely at a whisper.

The room fell silent. One by one, people got up leaving, which left my Dad and I alone. "Did you know?" I asked quietly. "I did," he answered. "About-" "Remus told me everything, about the boggarts, everything. You don't have to talk about it if you don't want to," he exclaimed. I stood up off the couch and sat on his lap in the armchair. I lay in his chest quietly, closing my eyes, almost as if I was trying to imitate what it felt like to be a child again.

"He really isn't a bad person," I whispered. "I know, darling, I know," he kissed me on the forehead. "Thank you," I said. "For what?" "Everything," a small smile washed across my face like how the sea crashes on the sand. I got up and sat back down on the couch after a few minutes so he could go to bed.

Harry reentered the room, sitting across from me. "Is he mad?" Harry asked. "My Dad mad? I couldn't picture it," I laughed. Ginny walked in, offering us some cake. "Thanks," I took one off the platter, popping it into my mouth. Dean and Ginny had broken up, so now I had the pleasure of watching Harry and Ginny being adorable together.

"Open up you," she sat down next to him. "What flavor is it?" he asked. "Are you picky with your cake flavors?" she laughed. "No, it's just-" "Underestimating my baking skills?" she asked jokingly. "No," he laughed. "Here, try catching it," Ginny picked up one of the small cake balls in her hand. "Ready?" she asked. "Go for it," Harry smiled, catching the cake with him mouth. Ginny and I applauded.

"Not bad for a tosser," I snorted. Ron sat in between them. "Hey, that's not fair, I was enjoying the show," I threw a plush tree ornament at him. "What're you talking about?" Ron asked. Ginny and Harry blushed. "You're bloody blind," I muttered, taking another cake ball off the platter on the coffee table.

The fireplace roared in front of us, illuminating the darkened room as moonlight filtered through the windows. "I think we'll be going to bed now," I grabbed Ron's arm, pulling him into the hallway. "What are you doing?" he sneered. "Can't you see? They like each other," I shrieked under my breath. "What, Harry and Ginny? No way," "You just can't see it because it's your best friend and your sister, but take a closer look and they're literally perfect for each other," I explained.

"Oh bloody hell Caroline," Ron rolled his eyes. "And I know how much you hate Lav, and I can tell you and Hermione have a thing for each other," I was practically preaching towards him now. "Okay maybe Lav isn't my cup of tea, but Hermione and I do not have a thing for each other," he squealed defensively.

"You're lying," I smirked. "How?!" he shouted. "Your voice got higher," I giggled. "For Merlin's sake Caroline, you're like a bloody psychopath with all of your psychology tricks," he rolled his eyes. "I've been in a relationship for two years, you think I would pick up on these things by now," I smiled.

He just rolled his eyes, storming off into his bedroom. Eventually Ginny came back to our bedroom. "How's it feel to be catching feels again?" I smirked as she sat on her bed. "Pretty bloody amazing, actually," she smiled. "I can't wait till' you two start dating," I giggled, opening a book.

"Ron's gonna kill me, but I don't care," she smiled. "Well, I'm happy for you. At least you aren't dating a death eater," I snorted. "How is Draco, by the way?" she asked seriously. "He tries to hide it, but, he's not in a very good place," I sighed. "I could say the same for you," she said.

"What do you mean, I'm fine," I scoffed. "Caroline..." her voice trailed off. "I'm fine," I assured her, getting under my bed covers. "We'll talk in the morning," I sighed, turning my bedside lamp off.

"Night."