Chapter 19

Rheeva's in the tight corner. Torn between wanting to hold his wife's hand and explaining the unexpected outcome of their meeting, while they are walking side by side in the corridor.

Hindi siya kinibo ni Anne Marie paglabas nila ng opisina ni Lei Rynn. She won't even look at him and he is seriously scared to talk and touch her. The trolls can laugh at that. Pero kung may kinatatakutan man siya sa buhay niya ngayon, iyon ay ang galitin ang asawa. Mahal na mahal niya ito at ayaw niyang bigyan ito kahit kunting sama ng loob. But he perhaps made her upset.

Tumikhim siya. Kinapa ang cellphone at tinawagan si Lei Rynn. Damn it! What's the point of having that movie anyway if the female lead is not his wife? He's not going to do it.

"Rheeva?"

"Yes, I'm backing off from the lead role. Give me some time and I'll find you someone that's perfect for the job."

Something heavy from his chest was lifted off when Anne Marie looked at him with her soft and expressive eyes.

"You're joking, Rheeva. Naikasa na natin ang promotional video ng movie and the media was already informed you are taking  for the lead role. Binibigyan mo ako ng sakit ng ulo," masungit na dakdak ni Lei Rynn.

Tumawa siya. Nakatunganga sa kanya ang asawa at namimilog na ang mga mata.

"Sorry for the trouble, Mr. Chairman. But without my wife in it, that's simply impossible for me. My skills belong to her." Kinindatan niya si Anne Marie.

She blushed and rolled her eyes. Yet, a smile graced her pink lips.

Lei Rynn trashed out his call. Nagalit yata sa biglaan niyang desisyon. But he is more afraid with his wife than anyone else now.

"There, bati na tayo?" Ngumisi siya matapos ibalik sa loob ng bulsa ng kanyang pantalon ang cellphone.

"Bakit? Nag-aaway ba tayo?" Tumikwas ang kilay nito. "Wala pa nga akong sinasabi nagback-out ka na."

"Mukha ka kasing galit."

"Hindi, ah!" Kumapit ito sa braso niya at hinatak na siya paalis.

Hindi raw galit. Napailing na lang siya.

"Bakit nagback-out ka naman agad? Wala kang tiwala na kaya kong manalo sa audition laban kay Myrre?"

Pumasok sila sa elevator na maghahatid sa kanila pababa ng basement parking.

"I'm certain you've got your way to win against anyone. I checked the schedule of the taping. That would be two months from now and by that time, hopefully, you'll be carrying our first baby."

Umawang ang bibig nito. Tila noon lang nito natanto ang posibilidad na iyon.

They stopped using any birth controls and both totally bare every time they made love. Nakarami na sila mula nang umuwi rito sa bansa kaya umaasa siyang magkakalaman na agad ang sinapupunan ng asawa. He even dreamt of a twin and had scribbled names in his organizer. Rhee Vianne and Rhee Vheen. A boy and a girl.

"Okay, then you thought it would be best if Myrre is your partner?" Yumapos sa kanya ang asawa.

"Your question is basically misleading." Pinisil niya ang ilong nito. "I'll only have you as my partner, be it on big screen or not. I'm suggesting Myrre to be included in the casts since I have a duty to protect her. Mas madali sa akin ang trabaho kung kasama natin siya sa taping."

"Two birds in one stone?"

"So much cliche, love. That's called practical strategy." He bent and pressed a tender kiss on her lips.