SAVING SASUKE WAS A FAILURE

"Tenten, please find it in your heart to forgive me for what I said to you." Neji said.
"Stupid old man! Mom will obviously forgive you because she loves you." Tenji said despite knowing that Neji can't hear him.

     ~TG9/Training Ground 9~

Tenji and Tenten were expecting Lee and Neji to show up but it has been 2 hours and they weren't there. Then they Jonin and Chunnin ninjas running to the gate and shouting.

Soon, Tenten gasped and ran after them. Tenji, who was in shock, started to run after her, at least to find out what was going on. Reaching the gate, they saw Jonins, Chunnins, medics and Kakashi.

"Kakashi-sensei, can I please follow you, please?!" Tenten asked.
"Fine, you can follow the medics." He said.
'What's going on?!' Tenji wondered.

As they jumped from tree to tree, Tenten asked aloud to no one in particular, : "Dammit! Why would they allow only Genins to go after Sasuke?!"

Now Tenji knew what time it was. It was the time Sasuke left the village, and according to what Hinata told him and Kaana, Kiba, Choji, Neji, Naruto and Shikamaru formed a 5 man squad and had gone after Sasuke.

"We found the Akimichi kid!!!" A medic shouted.

They saw Choji lying on the ground wasted. Beside him was a crater and from the looks of it, he defeated one of Orochimaru's minions.

Instinctively, Tenji activated his bloodline and searched the perimeter and left them behind. Tenten soon followed behind him. Then they got to another part of the forest.

Spider webs and Kaiten craters were scattered all over the place. With some kunais and shurikens at some places. But what caught their eyes was a particular spider web that was like 50m long. They followed it but Tenten was faster.

"NEJIIII!!!!!!" was the shout Tenji heard.

And when he got there, he got cold feet and felt like throwing up because of what he saw.

Neji was injured and bloody. He was also unconscious. There was a deep wound by his left side and another by his shoulder though it didn't seem like his organs were damaged. In his left hand lay his forehead protector and on the right, a feather. His curse mark was bare to the whole world. He looked so dead.

"MEDIC!!!! I FOUND NEJI HYUGA!!!!!" Tenten cried at the top of her lungs.

But only two came. They explained the situation that Naruto, Kiba and Shikamaru were still missing and she had to take him to the hospital. She immediately carried Neji on her back and sped to the hospital, with Tenji on her heels. He swore that he heard a crack each time they landed on a branch coming from her back, but Tenji ignored it.

When they got there, surgery started immediately and Tenten was praying for his safety. But with the way her fists were closed, what she might do will be good or bad.

All the while, Tenji was shocked. His father never mentioned almost dying at 14!

After the operation, they both went to see him and saw he was awake. Tenten took the liberty of polishing his forehead protector till it shone. Something was prodding at Tenji's mind and he tried to remember what it was.

Keyword: Tried.

"Neji-kun, are you OK?!" she asked when she was by his side.
"Hn. I'm fine." was the monotonous reply as he looked out of the window while sitting on his bed.

Tenji then remembered suddenly that when someone Tenten cared for was hurt and the person ignores her when she ask how they feel, the end result will never be good. He could testify to that.