😍💖BONUS ONESHOT💖😍

Hey guys, it's me, tenny10-10. I can't believe I've made such an achievement, reaching 946 reads for one of my ongoing books.

So, I will present this cute little one-shot I found: Summer in Ginger Village. It's Nejiten, it's sweet and lovable.

I don't own Naruto and the one-shot, else NejiTen would be canon.

So enjoy!!

~

Summer in Ginger Village

A neighbor

It was a sad day for Tenten when the cottage next door, after being vacant for many lonely years, was finally being occupied. She silently sat by her kitchen's windowsill, overlooking the once-empty abode as an elegant woman, her son, and several moving assistants unloaded boxes and furniture from a truck to the entrance parlor. Her brows furrowed, her lips pouted, and her mind raced in concentration as she tried to imagine the sort of people that were moving in to the place that had many times housed her imaginative adventures with her two best friends, Toki and Red. A gentle purring below her brought the eight-year-old's attention down to the slender ginger cat that had begun to intertwine himself with her legs and for a moment she was distracted from her reproachful musings regarding her new neighbors.

Tenten leaned her body forward, taking hold of the cat and bringing him up to her knees with ease. "Can you believe them Toki? We can't play in that house anymore," her pretty face smiled at the purring sounds that emitted from her pet and best friend as she stroke his rich fur over and over, her chocolate brown eyes trailing back to the people moving next door.

Her spirited lightened at the notice that one of her new neighbors seemed to be around her age, whom she could perhaps befriend, and at this thought she couldn't help but smile; maybe this way the kids from her school would stop bugging her about getting real friends.

Chicken

"Tenten if I see you dirtying the clean laundry you will be in big trouble, missy!" Her mom bellowed from the kitchen after noticing that Tenten and Toki had come a little too close to smudging the bleach white bed sheets with mud for the tenth time.

Huffing with annoyance, Tenten stopped dead in her tracks, her insides itching with the urge to continue playing and disregard her mom's threats. The young girl then heard a clucking noise behind her and she made a swift turn just in time to see her pet chicken, Red, about to make a leap towards Toki... who was right behind her... who was merely feet away from her mother's laundry... Tenten made a desperate jump and caught Red midair, Toki following her lead, almost as if he still believed them to just be playing. After landing, to Tenten's sheer horror, she noticed that the chicken, the cat, and her had gotten themselves tangled with a clean pillow cover. The young girl stole a glance towards the kitchen window, noting that her mom hadn't noticed her blunder, and snatched Red and the dirtied pillow cover, making a run for it.

She jumped past the mud and the thicket and the bent, wiry fence that bordered her back yard, her attention on the chicken and the pillow case that were nestled on her arms. The brown-haired girl turned her gaze back to make sure that Toki was still right behind her, tripping with the wired fence in her moment of distraction. Her body rolled forward as she brought Red up closer to her torso in a protective manner, and up became down and vice versa as she rolled through the thicket and down past a small hill behind her house. By the time her body came to a complete stop her shoulders and her head were throbbing painfully. She felt Red slipping out of her grasp before pecking her on the cheek and nestling next to her body, as if unaffected by the fall.