Russia's Observations

Canada was irritated with Russia the entire first week. She treated him harshly. Constantly berating him and having conversations basically with herself in front of him while imitating a sassy voice for Russia.

Canada never seemed to be pleased with Russia's work. Nitpicking something wrong with everything he did. He barely talked to her only replying in short sentences but that didnt stop her trying to wear him down.

Russia now understood why so many guards had left within a month but he could tell that she was warming up to him slowly.

He felt kinda bad for her. Cooped up in the castle. The things she loved taken away until she stopped expressing herself in art and written storys. Rather singing storys through word of mouth. She would drag her hand across the wall and sing quietly to herself a story. Sometimes she would get angry and walk faster and sometimes she would smile at the wall when something happy happened. Her tune was aimless, wandering around. More of a tool to make it interesting than a proper song to remember.

The more he was around her he noticed some things about her.
1. She was really friendly with her maids knowing a lot of their names and being friendly.
2. She was nervous around her father, maybe a past trauma with him or someone like him
3. She hates the guards and gets nervous around some of them, often walking faster and standing taller
4. When she gets nervous she stands straight and walks with a presence
5. When relaxed she walks slowly and could easily melt into the background
6. Sometimes she seems almost insane, walking for hours muttering to herself some story, dragging her finger against the wall.
7. She really likes Flowers, Psychology, and books with Adventure

It was a strange combination to be sure but could be worse. She almost seemed like she had two personalities, one more suppressed than the other. One was kind and compassionate which she showed mostly to the maids and other servants she talked to. She seemed happy to talk to them. The other was scared and terrified but also scary smart. It seemed like she channeled her fear into anger because she knew how to handle anger but also wanted to be able to have a little bit of control over others from her lack of control over herself. Her obsessions of both flowers and Psychology actually reminded him of his mother. Canada would probably like meeting her.

Russia felt some pity for her. She looked and acted lonely. Like a tiger trapped in a cage. Pacing the insides of the enclosure for something to do. Some morning she seemed really tired like she had stayed up most of the night which was confusing given that fact she had nothing to do during the day.

Her actions made Russia unsurprised that so many other guards had left. She even seemed overall more mellow than before. Like she was losing her fight with her anger. Like the fire was burning out in her and needed more fuel. Yet all the unknowns made him more excited to spend time with her, maybe finally crack open the last piece of her personality and finally figure out more about her family. Like whether or not she killed her siblings and how she feels about it. But he wouldn't deviate from his position and be too obvious either. Just low down and quiet.

In conclusion Russia has found Canada to be a very secretive, quiet person. Nowhere near the murderer some people the media make her out to be. She keeps to herself and is lonely yet defiant against authority. Apparently she's similar to her younger brother America before he died of unreleased causes. Whether or not she learned it from him or wanted to be like him after he died I don't know but I will continue making notes about her to understand her story better.

Russia heard a window open and silence. He opened the door and saw her gone from her room. The only sign of her even being there was the open window and the sound of her feet in quiet shoes on the outside wall. So that's why she's tired. She sneaks out at night to explore. Her face is distinctive, I wonder how she does it. I'll ask her another night. I am too tired today. Besides my duties are technically done. I don't think she wants anyone to know either.

Russia went back to his room for some rest yet couldn't find any. He breathed full, deep breaths and looked at his bare ceiling. The room was small. He had no possessions to keep in there after all. Well, there was one. Just one thing from his last life. 

He sighed and got up. He looked through his issued clothes to the hat and smiled, smelling it. The scent was faint but he could still smell the flowers from home in it. The hat his Mother gave him. Apparently it was from their homeland called an Ushanka. He liked to call it fuzzy ear hat.

"I love you mom. While this wasn't the path you wanted from me I'll make you proud. I promise I'll come back to you." He breathed it in one last time before setting it back. It relaxed him and he was finally able to lie down and find sleep. He likes to believe his mother can protect him through the hat, even if he knows it's not true it gave him hope and enough relaxation to fall asleep.