Chapter One: The First Pillar

In the residence of L/N,

It was a quiet night. We lived at the bottom of a mountain, far away from the bright city lights. It was always chilly here. The trees shaded us from the hot, blazing sun in the harsh summers. The peacefulness surrounded us as our courtyard was covered with white, untouched snow in the winters. Cherry blossoms fly freely as the wind carries it away at spring. The colorful leaves that covered our surroundings at fall.

Our life was always peaceful like this. It had stayed this way for centuries. From my great great ancestors up to where we are now. Peace came along with the quietness of our home. My family always loved quiet nights like this. But tonight was different.

My father lay in his death bed. Sweat bedding in his forehead but my mother quickly wipes it away. He looked peaceful. He didn't seem worried or in distress, knowing that his time was coming. He looked content and happy.

He turned his head towards me. He grasped my hand and held it in his. He gave me his usual soft smiles that I would see when he greets me in the morning and when he tells me good night. I hadn't realized but my tears were already falling down from my eyes.

"Y/N.. don't cry, dear. I don't want to leave this world with you crying. I want to see you smile." He said softly.

I tried to give him the best smile I could offer but my tears wouldn't stop streaming down my face.

"I really love to see you smile, Y/N. I need to remember it so I could bring it up with me and keep it locked in my mind always."

"You're always such a cheesy guy, otosan." I smiled softly.

"That's exactly the kind of guy you need to marry because he'll never stop trying to win your heart with all the cheesy lines he has. Look where that got me with your mother." He chuckled.

I let out a small laugh, same goes with my mother. Her smile was fragile. You could tell she was trying not to break down so she could be strong for her husband.

"You're such a fool, you know that. You wouldn't stop bothering me until I said yes to your offer for a date." My mother recalled. Her hands were holding my father's other hand. Her grasp wasn't too tight but she held it like she never wanted to let him go.

"Ah yes, I mean what can I say? I've seen the most beautiful woman in the world. I'm not going to let that chance pass by me. I will still bother you and tell you how much I love you in the afterlife and in the next life."

My mother chuckled, a small tear escaping from her tear filled eyes.

"I'll follow you soon, my love." My mother whispered.

"I'll be looking forward to it." My father smiled.

The love between my parents was pure and heartwarming. You could feel their love and affection towards each other. It also makes your heart feel warm as well. It is your proof that such love still exists. Chivalry has not died yet.

My father slowly brought his hands to both my mother's and my cheek. He slowly rubbed his thumbs against our cheeks. My mother and I both held his hands and leaned into his touch.

"I'm leaving the responsibility to you, Y/N. After my time has come, you'll take after me. I'm sorry if this isn't the life you wanted. I may not have been the one but I hope you'll be the pillar that will break the laws of our kind and live longer than the rest of us."

My father is currently one of the 4 pillars in the whole world. For generations, my family has held that title. It was born in our bloods. We held the title of The Givers. We are the support from the three unknown pillars. Our name has been hidden and was never found out by any outsider. Our identities of being born into the role of pillars are to be hidden and protected with our lives. If any word comes out, we will be hunted down by organizations, either to be recruit us or hunt us down. But one downside to being a pillar is we don't get to live very long.

𝐑𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐭 // 𝐃𝐚𝐳𝐚𝐢 𝐎𝐬𝐚𝐦𝐮 𝐱 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें