Chapter Fourteen: Date

Usually, before you go on a date, you would pamper yourself the night before. On the day of the date, you wear your best clothes and make sure your appearance seemed more vibrant and lively. Well, my first date didn't really exactly seem to play out like this nor did I expect it to go like this as well.

By the time Dazai and I arrived at my place, we were absolutely sacked and I mean we walked like zombies coming into the main doors of the building and making our way to my humble abode. Dark circles ran under our eyes. Not to mention, our clothes were filthy and our hair was a mess too. It was as if we fell off a cliff numerous times.

"Dazai, I'll be taking a quick bath." I said groggily. Dazai had already made his way to the large couch and plopped his body down on the soft cushions.

"You take one too. There's another bathroom to your left." Dazai let out a "oookaayyy~" but in a tune of a broken trumpet. I walked back slowly to my room and took a nice long shower that I had so much needed.

I walked out of the bathroom with new comfy clothes on me. I was brushing my wet h/l (hair length) hair until I had noticed something.

Dazai's clothes

I quickly walked back to the living room and towards the bathroom that Dazai had been occupying. I knocked a few times on the door.

"Dazai? I need your clothes so I can put them in the washer." I heard a muffled "Come in." My hand reached out for the doorknob and it was unlocked. I slowly turned it and entered the bathroom. Actually, the thought really didn't cross my mind when I had decided to go inside the bathroom when Dazai was still washing up. It had only surfaced when I entered the steamy bathroom.

The shower curtains were closed but you could still see a bit of a silhoutte of the person behind the curtain. I didn't notice the silhoutte of Dazai and figured that he must be using bathtub. It was oddly quiet and I wasn't able to see a shape of Dazai's head above the water.

"Dazai?" I called out as I gathered his dirty laundry. I knew this man was a suicidal maniac yet not matter how many times he has tried, death was just never at his door. This hasn't stopped from worrying that what if one day he goes about his routine but he never comes back. I started to worry a little once I haven't gotten a response for a few minutes.

I quickly dropped his clothes on the floor and ran towards the bathtub. "Dazai?!" I called out once more as I drew the shower curtains back. The bath was filled with bubbles and no Dazai in sight. Before I could use my hands to search in the water, I suddenly heard a splash and a

"BOO!" Dazai's face appeared out of the water. What made it even scarier was that his whole entire face was covered in bubbles and you can only see two brown eyes staring back at you. Now, who wouldn't be terrified of that?

"AAHHH!" I screamed as I pushed Dazai's head back in the water. I scattered back on my feet, grabbed his laundry and ran out the bathroom.

It had been a few minutes now and I was currently in the laundry room, washing up Dazai's clothes in the washing machine. I was trying to catch my breath from that very unexpected and unwelcoming surprise that Dazai had pulled. This man will be the death of me, I swear. The washing machine let out a beeping sound, signifying that it was done washing the clothes. I took the clothes out and placed it in the dryer and let it do its job. I was leaning against the wall inside the laundry room until I heard a voice calling out my name.

"Y/N-chan? where are you~" I heard Dazai calling out.

"In here! Wait a minute, your clothes is almost ready!" I called back and just in time, the dryer had finished doing its job on Dazai's clothes. I quickly grabbed the newly washed clothes and walked out of the laundry room.