Chapter Twelve: Port Mafia

"Ughh, my head hurts like a bi- wait what the?" I tried to move my hand but a tight feeling wrapped around my wrist avoided me from completely moving my hands. I realized that I was in shackles but it was only wrists were shackled. I stood by a wall where I was being held hostage. I looked around my surroundings and the room was spacious. It was very dim here but you can clearly see other shackles attatched in the walls and dried up blood stains coating the concrete floor.

This is must be where they keep their prisoners in the Port Mafia, I thought. What was currently in front of me was a long flight of stairs. A bright light came from where I supposed was the entrance of the room. The light there must be a guidance to where the exit is because you could barely see much around here due to the poor lighting. I suddenly heard a heavy metal door opening. It came from the top of the flight of stairs.

The sound of footsteps echoed throughout the room. The sound of click-clacking heeled shoes grew louder as the person descended down the stairs. I tried to look closely onto who was heading towards here and one distinct thing I noticed was a hat.

"You must be that damn Dazai's new partner, huh?" A voice of a male spoke up. His voice sounded a bit more sharp and high, making it very distinct. The man reached the bottom of the stairs and that was when I clearly got a look at him. His coat hanged lazily on his shoulders. His hair was a fiery orange and pulled into a low ponytail. His hat sat on a side position on his head. His vest and choker complementing his entire outfit.

I have heard of this particular member of the Port Mafia. The one that could control gravity around him and others. Someone who was clearly a strong opponent and to whoever opposses him will suffer a severe loss. I have never met him personally but I've heard stories and warnings about him. If you ever find yourself in a fight against him, run.

"You must be Chuuya. An executive at the notorious Port Mafia, correct?" I spoke up with slight cockiness in my voice.

The man in front of me scoffed. He clearly noticed the tone in my voice and it just made him want to laugh.

"Indeed and may I have to remind you in what situation you are in again?" Chuuya said with a smirk across his face. I rolled my eyes at his statement. Chuuya ignored my action and walked closer to me.

"L/N Y/N. A member at the Armed Detective Agency. Arrived 4 years ago, the same time as that fucking mackerel. A descendent to the infamous L/N family who owns a multi-billion corporation but still managed to end up as a useless detective." Chuuya said with a harsher tone at the last part, emphasizing that certain part of his sentence. It would be a lie if I would say that I wasn't bothered by that statement. It's not like it hasn't entertained my mind for quite some time now. Coming back to my penthouse is a daily reminder that I failed to succeed in my father's duties when he was the successor of the company.

Chuuya waited for a moment to see if he got a reaction out of me. I kept my calm and composure because I knew lashing out would give him the satisfaction of seeing me struggling against the chains as I try to pull his head off. When Chuuya had seen that I had not pulled any sort of reaction, his smirk had gone wider. Tormenting her is going to be fun, Chuuya thought. He walked to my left and leaned down his upper body. His face was a few inches from mine.

"It's such a shame really. An only child that was brought up to be a success in the future but turned out to be a huge disappointment to your family and your ancestors as well." I turned my head away, trying to avoid his cocky gaze. He arched his eyebrow up and gave a side smirk. I suddenly felt a hand grab a fistful of my hair and was brought back to the aqua blue eyes piercing through my vision.

"How does it feel to be at the bottom when you were so used to looking down upon the people below you, huh?"

We glared at each other for a few more moments. I hated this guy's guts already and I've just met him. He was obviously full of himself and people like that tend to disgust me. I didn't utter any word to his question. I didn't want to waste my breath by conversing with some arrogant executive. Chuuya released his grasp from my hair. He turned away, the edges of his coat flew and brushed past my legs as he walked back up the steps.