Chapter Ten: Man-eating Tiger

Between night and day, the skies of Yokohama shone its brightest. The orange skies with a burst of red flowing throughout the art piece you call a sunset. This is when the city wasn't at its usual bustling streets at day and its cold dark nights, run by the darkness who does not shed a single glimmer of light. The horizon seen by the Yokohama bay was something you could never get enough of. Everyday, new swirls of colors are painted in the sky. Yellow, pink, purple, orange and so much more. Nothing can ever beat the sight to behold as you sit at a bench in the park. Children laughing, couples sharing a kiss between the lips and the people enjoying the warmth brought from the all too familiar sights.

I always wondered how could a world filled with evil and destruction, corrupted by the sins of man, could be so beautiful in such a short moment. It became a routine now. Walking along the boardwalk and taking in the peace that was now almost rare in my everyday life. This was the only time I could run away from my responsibilities. A day to unwind myself from the stress and headaches that occur from time to time, but today was just not that day.

"That damn Dazai, where has he run off to? We're in the middle of a mission." Kunikida grumbled as he impatiently tapped his foot on the ground repeatedly, an obvious frown on his face.

"I saw him running off to the bridge over the-" Kunikida beat me to it before I could finish my sentence. He ran down the stairs of the sidewalk to a field of grass, a river seperating it from the other side of the street. 'Here we go again' I thought.

"DAZAI! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING THERE?!" A shout came from where Kunikida was currently at. I sighed exhaustedly and walked down the stairs, heading to the upse- ah no- enraged blonde man.

"YOU'VE ALREADY RUINED MY SCHEDULE AND NOW, YOU'RE RUNNING AWAY FROM A MISSION!" Then suddenly a voice coming from a certain brown hair man came from the other side of the river.

"Ah! I know! We can have my colleague to treat us with some food!" Dazai said excitedly to the white haired boy in front of him.

"HA?!"

We were now currently at a nearby tea house. The white haired boy known as Atsushi Nakajima was munching down on his 30th bowl of chazuke? It wasn't certain because I had stopped counting at 30 and gave up. This boy was clearly famished and was about to starve to death. I sat beside Atsushi and observed him quietly. He hadn't notice because he was too busy dining in on his favorite food. Kunikida sat in front of Atsushi, mumbling rubbish words as he wrote fivorously in his journal, probably calculating his entire budget since he was the one paying for the meal. Dazai sat in front of me, observing the tea house and its structure. That was when his eyes widened, stars sparkled in the man's eyes. He was clearly eager with what he had just thought of.

"OOHHH~ that's such a nice and sturdy beam. It's just lacking a noose and me!" Kunikida slammed his notebook down on the table.

"Don't you dare think about hanging yourself there, Dazai." He said in a dangerously loe voice.

"Eh?! I was referring to the hangman therapy. You haven't heard of it, Kunikda?!"

"Ha, there is?"

"Yes, hanging youself relieves all the tension and stress from your body. Memo down it."

"Hangman therapy, relieves stress and tension-"

"I was just kidding."

"HA?!" A pair of hands quickly grabbed ahold of Dazai's neck. As Kunikida strangled Dazai, Atsushi was looking the duo worriedly.