Chapter Thirteen: Break of Dawn

"How would you like to join the Port Mafia?"

"Are you out of your damn mind?!" I slammed my hand against the table. The table shook from the force exerted by my hand. The three people in front of me were unfazed by my reaction, as if they had expected it already.

"I'll leave you to think about it. You may go back to your room now." Mori stated, his hands still clasped in front of him. The shimmering glint in his eyes forshadowed the truth lying in it. I was always bothered by his gaze. It was clear that he had underlying intentions but I just didn't know what it is.

"You must be hungry though. Chuuya-kun here can escort you to a nearby restaurant and treat you for a meal."

"I- yes, Boss." Chuuya said as he let out a small sigh from his lips at the end. He tilted his hat forward, making it cover his eyes. He was obviously upset with this but it was an order from his boss. He couldn't disobey direct orders from him. Chuuya stood up from his seat and walked towards the door. He was behind my seat then he bowed, gesturing goodbye to Mori. He faced back to the door and walked a few steps forward.

"Oi, are you coming or not?" Chuuya said in an annoyed voice which caused me to snap out of my thoughts. I stood up from my seat and followed him out, without leaving any sort of farewell gesture to Mori and the lady beside him. Chuuya and I walked out the door and through the hallway.

"You're quite calm for being held hostage by an enemy." Chuuya spoke up as we passed by the countless of guards. The elevator had been waiting for us so we entered, heading down to the ground floor.

"It's better to think rationally than act harshly." I said as the elevator sped down towards our desired floor.

"You should think thoroughly about our offer. I know you're already part of that agency but you should take consideration to the other side." Chuuya walked out first when the elevator doors opened to the ground floor. It was already dark out but there were still men hustling and bustling around the lobby. As soon as they noticed the presence of Chuuya, they immediately made way for him.

"I'm sorry but I'm not into having the life of a criminal." We exited the main doors and the familiar cold air brushed past us.

"I know a place where we can eat. Follow me." Chuuya said as he ignored my previous statement. We walked down the stairs from the main doors to the streeta of Yokohama. I looked around and saw few boutiques and small shops open and people coming in and out from them. The idea that a majority of these businesses were either owned by the mafia or had relations with them. The idea still amazes me sometimes.

"Here we are." Chuuya stopped in front of a small ramen shop tucked away in a small alleyway that strayed from the main sidewalk. Chuuya entered the small shop while I followed. We were greeted by a worker who was attending to customers by serving their orders. There was another worker who worked behind the open booth which showed the handmade process of making ramen. There weren't a lot of people. Only 3 customers were inside relishing on their dinner. Chuuya and I sat on the far side of the booth. The server came and took our orders. When the server left, we were met with nothing but silence around us and the sound of the other customers slurping on their noodles and soup.

"Chuuya, what do you guys want from me?" I asked without looking at him in the eye. I was tired. I barely got any rest and so much has happened today. I was out on a mission then suddenly, I'm here, held captive by the mafia.