Chapter Two: The Meeting

"Ahhh~ finally, I've arrived." I plopped myself on my bed and let the feeling of the cold bedsheets welcome me. It was already 12 midnight when I arrived in Yokohama.

The driver dropped me off at the L/N Corporation building. I was then assisted by staff members to the top floor of the building. The luxurious penthouse was where my father used to stay when he had to work overtime due to the piles of papers he needed to look over.

The white marble floors shined as soon as I came inside. I was greeted with the panoramic view of Yokohama. The lights of the 4 tall, dark buildings were lit up. Bright lights came from the busy business districts. I couldn't hear the bustling street filled with cars and trucks because I was at the highest floor of the building.

The environment was totally new to me. I didn't go out much when I was a child. I was kept inside my residence for protection from the dangers that lie outside the premises.

I went inside the master bedroom and plopped myself on the soft mattress.

"Ahhh~ finally, I've arrived." I sat up and checked my phone. During the drive to Yokohama, Taneda-san sent a me a text of his whereabouts in case I wanted to speak to him the very same night. It was already 12 midnight. I questioned if Taneda-san would still be there but knowing his demeanor, he most likely is still there.

I got up from my bed and headed towards the main door. I took the elevator that was specifically only for this floor. Only my family, the maids and a few staff members have access to this elevator. The lonely elevator ride didn't take long until I reached the main floor.

There wasn't a lot of people in the main lobby. I was greeted by staff members who were either working overtime or night shifts. I headed towards the main doors and was greeted by the salty night breeze of Yokohama. It was quite chilly but good thing I wore my dark brown coat.

I waited outside of the main doors. A few glances were made towards me but I didn't mind. I was just patiently waiting for my drive.

Five minutes passed and I started to get impatient.

"What's taking him so lo-."

Oh wait, I told him to go home because it was getting late..

I mentally facepalmed myself and cursed under my breathe.

"Damn it, how the heck am I supposed to get there?" I muttered then suddenly, a light bulb appeared on top of my head.

"Aha! I know, I can always take the MRT. It's fast and effi-." Wait a minute..

I don't know how to use the MRT

I let out a sigh. You know what, I'll just take a cab.

I called a cab and showed him the address that Taneda-san sent me. Then finally, I was on my way to meet my godfather.

I arrived 20 minutes later. I paid the cab driver and cried a bit inside due to the huge fare of the cab. I stood outside of what seemed to be a bar. It wasn't particularly noisy but you could hear the chattering of people inside.

I walked inside and the first thing I noticed was a heavily drunk Taneda-san and a man who sat in front of him but he didn't show a single sign of drowsiness. Tons of bottles were placed at the side of their table.

Dear God just how much did this man drink

The man across Taneda-san noticed me as soon as I made my towards their table. He had a curious look on his face. His hair was wavy and had a chocolate brown color to it. He wore a light brown coat and the most noticeable thing about him was the bandages that ran down from his neck to his arms. He gave me a flirty smile like he has done this to many girls before.