Chapter Eleven: Darkness Unfolds

Classic music played softly in the background. The stereo hummed a melody, filling the room with the tunes of piano and violin stringing into the air.

The room was dimly lit. The windows were closed down shut. A black screen covering each window panel, blocking out the sunlight. The only source of light in the room was a few lamps and litted candles. The sound of paper scraping echoed from the far back of the room. A folder held by gloved hands, skimming and scanning through the documents that was held inside the file. A low chuckle came from the man who owned these gloved hands, the one who held the folder in his grasp.

"A certain man-tiger for 7 billion yen. You say he's in the hands of the detective agency, yes?"

"Yes, Boss." A voice spoke up. It came from a small, petite blonde woman, her head bowed down as she is in the presence of someone very much superior to her ranking in the organization.

"Bring Akutagawa. Get the man-tiger and bring him back alive, understood?"

The man clasped both his gloved hands together. His sharp violet eyes staring down on his subordinate. His aura screamed superiority and power. Although, it was no lie after all.

"Understood, Boss." The blonde woman bowed down once more and left the room that belonged to the so callled 'Boss'. The doors close and the man was left alone once again. The file contaning information about the man-tiger was placed aside. The man then reached towards one of his drawers in his table, pulling out a folder hidden inside.

The folder had the word Confidential stamped on top of it. Opening the folder, numerous papers and photographs were sprawled out messily inside, causing a single photo to slide and fall onto the floor. The man picked it up and examined it closely with the dim lighting surrounding him.

The picture contained a woman, a smile played along her face as she looked towards her partner beside her. It seemed that she must have said something amusing while her partner stared down at her with an amused expression. This certain partner was someone all too familiar with the man. A defect, was it?

"It seems a new game is about to begin."

----------------------------
It was a beautiful Saturday morning. I got up and did my daily routine. I was able to eat breakfast at the agency's most favorable place which just happened to be a few floors down from the office. I could never get enough with a good bacon, eggs and toast, accompanied by freshly roasted coffee made by ever so favorite manager of the store.

I took in the aroma of the coffee. It's bittersweet scent filling my senses, making me feel much more awake. I finished my meal and thanked the staff for the gracious meal that they had prepared. I brought along the warm coffee up to the agency with me. My day was going well so far and I enjoyed every bit of it. There is nothing that can ruin this perfectly played day. But I should've known that today was just too good to be true.

"Good mor-"

"DAZAI-SAN, PLEASE STOP!"

"NO! I WON'T LET YOU ESCAPE, RAINBOW PILLBUG."

"KUNIKIDA-SAN, SAVE ME!!"

My eyes blinked several times to see if I was just imagining things or even dreaming and I wish it could have been either of those. I was greeted by the sight of poor Atsushi being wrapped in bandages by Dazai who seem to look awfully ill (?) and Kunikida doing his work normally like none of these things were happening right in front of him.