Halloween Dance

(A few weeks later)

"Morning." Ben greeted Mal as he came cheerfully out of his house.

"Why are you so cheerful?" Mal asked.

"Because the Halloween dance is this Friday. Then on Saturday Audrey is having a Halloween party." Ben explained.

"Right." Mal slightly nodded. 

"Are you okay?" Ben checked putting his hand on Mal's shoulder.

Mal looked down at his hand, then back at him. "Y-yeah I'm good." 

(At school)

They walked into school and there was so many Halloween decorations around the school.

"Morning you two." Evie walked in front of them, then continued walking with them.

"Morning Evie." Ben responded and smiled. 

"Morning." Mal said. 

"So do either of you have a date for the dance?" Evie wondered.

"You're supposed to bring a date?!" Ben asked starting to panic. 

"No, but you can still ask someone to be your date." Evie answered, then winked at Mal.

"You're right. I didn't think about that. Well I should probably get going. See you guys later." Ben told them, then ran off down the hall.

"I seriously don't get what you see in him." Evie mentioned as they watched him run off. 

Mal rolled jokingly rolled her eyes, then pulled Evie's arm and started walking to class. 

(At lunch)

"Mal there you are! I've got great news." Ben said as he rushed over to Mal at their table.

"Okay. What's up?" Mal asked smiling at him.

"I have a date to the dance." Ben stated.

"W-what?" Mal almost spat out her milk.

"Yeah. About an hour ago I was leaving my class when Jackie. You know Jackie, right?" 

"Mmm-hmm." Mal nodded not wanting to say anything. 

"Well she came up to me and asked if I had a date to the dance and when I told her I didn't she asked me to go with her. Crazy isn't it?" Ben explained and asked.

"Yeah." Mal replied with a forced smile. 

(After school)

"So what if he has a date? We just need to get you a date. And me." Evie was telling Mal.

"Yeah, but I want to be the date he's going with, but instead he's going with a sophomore." Mal replied.

"Why don't you just ask Jay to go with you? Aren't you two still doing that pretend dating thing?" Evie was asking.

"I mean I guess I could, but just as a friend." Mal agreed.

"Yeah just friends." Evie repeated.

(Friday morning/Halloween dance)

"Mal, question. So as your pretend boyfriend, do I have to actually pick you up for the dance? Or are we...?" Jay was going to ask.

"I'll just meet you there, Jay." Mal cut him off and told him.

"Alright." Jay smiled and nodded. 

(At lunch)

"Hey Mal I was hoping maybe we could go over some things." Ben said as he sat down across from here.