Drama Club Drama

(A few months later)

"Are you gonna be signing up for that?" Ben asked and pointed at a poster.

"Probably, but it's gonna be hard on Evie." Mal responded.

"She's still having a hard time about Derek?" Ben wondered.

"Well she's starting to get over him, but when she sees these posters it might upset her." Mal explained.

"Only one way to find out." Ben said and motioned over at Evie walking into school.

Mal looked over and saw Evie walking towards them. "Come on." Mal and Ben rushed over to her. "Evie hey!" 

"Um... Hey guys." Evie replied.

"How's your morning going?" Ben asked.

"It's fine. How's yours?" Evie replied awkwardly.

"It's good." Ben said and smiled and Mal did too.

"What's going on with you two? Are you guys alright?" Evie was asking.

"Yeah." Ben said.

"Totally." Mal said at the same time as Ben.

"Alright... I'm gonna get to class." Evie told them, then walked past them.

"What do we do?" Ben questioned.

Mal looked over at Evie as she was getting closer to the poster. "Evie wait!" 

Evie stopped and turned back to them. "Yeah?"

"Let us come with you." Mal told her, then her and Ben ran up on each side of Evie.

Mal was blocking the poster as the three walked down the hall.

"Well this is my class. You guys can go now." Evie said as they were standing in front of the classroom.

"Have a good class." Ben called as Evie was walking in.

"Okay after class we both need to get back here fast. So we can stop her from seeing the posters." Mal explained.

"Got it." Ben nodded, then walked to his class.

(After class)

Evie was walking out of her classroom and looked out to see of either Ben or Mal were out there. Then she quickly made a run for it. 

"Where you running off to?" Mal asked walking beside Evie.

"Jeez! How'd you get there so fast?" Evie asked after she jumped. 

"What do you mean? I was waiting for you the whole time." Mal answered.

"Yeah we both were." Ben said appearing on the other side of Evie.

"Jeez. What is your problem you guys?" Evie wondered. 

"Well..." Mal was going to tell her.

"The drama club is having a school musical?" Evie questioned as she walked over to a poster.

"That's our problem." Mal stated. "We were trying to hide it from you."

"Why?" Evie looked back at them.

"Well you had just gotten over Derek. So we were afraid if you saw something the drama club was doing you would get upset again." Mal explained.

"Mal, you don't have to worry about me. Seeing stuff about drama club isn't going to make me upset about Derek." Evie assured them, then she walked away.

"She seems better than we thought." Ben mentioned. 

"Yeah well I guess that means it's okay id I sign up." Mal smiled and signed her name. 

(After school)

Mal walked into the drama classroom and noticed a new student sitting at one of the desks. 

"Hi there." Mal greeted them.

"Hey." They responded looking confused a Mal. 

"Are you new here?" Mal wondered. 

"Yeah. Why does it matter to you?" They answered.

"Just wondering." Mal replied.

"Look I don't know if you think you're the top drama student, but now that I'm here that role is going to the mine." They were telling Mal.

"Who are you anyway?" Mal asked. 

"Eddie." They stated and stood up. "Now if you'll excuse me I need to prepare for my audition for this musical." 

(The next day in drama club)

Mal walked into drama club again and saw Eddie sitting in the same spot as yesterday. 

"Didn't think you'd come back." Eddie said walking up to Mal.

"Why wouldn't I? I'm not gonna just quit because of some threat." Mal responded.

"Suit yourself." Eddie said and smirked, then walked away. 

(Later)

"Ugh! He's just gets on my nerves." Mal was complaining. "I mean like I didn't do anything to him, but for some reason he just hates me." 

"You want me to talk to him?" Ben checked. 

"No. You don't need to be getting involved. I'll handle it myself." Mal answered.

(The next day)

"Wow three days in a row." Eddie said as Mal walked in.

"I told you I'm not going to quit because you want me to." Mal reminded him.

"Fine. Then I guess it you vs me." Eddie told her.

"I guess so." Mal said and they glared at each other.

"Alright everyone please sit so we can go over the musical." The teacher announced. 

Everyone was doing a activity before rehearsing and Mal and Eddie were trying to one up each other.

(After drama club)

Mal was leaving the school, then Eddie came running up from behind her.

"Hey Mal." Eddie started saying.

"What do you want?" Mal looked back at him annoyed.

"Friday night I'm hosting a little party for all drama students. I'd love to see you there. Invite any of your friends." Eddie explained.

"Why are you inviting me? We don't even like each other." Mal questioned.

"That doesn't mean I can't invite you to a party of mine." Eddie responded. "Now see you tomorrow." Eddie winked, then walked away.

Mal watched Eddie walk away and she rolled her eyes