One

Avery Castillo

"Avery! It's past 7! Your late!" I heard my mom yell from the kitchen.

I sighed, rolling my eyes. As I arose from my bed, I looked at the time on my clock that read 8:23 A.M.

I cursed to myself. This wasn't my first time oversleeping and being late.

I had sprang out of bed and went across the hall into the bathroom to get ready.

As I rinsed off the cream from my face, there was a knock on the door causing my head to turn.

"Yo Avery, I need to get ready." I rolled my eyes, opening the door as my oldest sister Diamond, pushed me out the way.

"D the bathroom ain't going no where." I threw my towel on the counter, walking past her and into my room to change.

I looked through my closet full of clothes, thinking to myself but with the little time I had, I just grabbed a pink and black playboy hoodie with black ripped cut jeans and my black and light pink 1s.

Once I was dressed, I put my hair in a bun.

"HURRY UP! DIAMOND, TAKE AVERY TO SCHOOL!" I heard my mom yell before hearing Diamond smack her lips and talk back.

I grabbed my phone and backpack, throwing it over my shoulder and walked out to my mother.

"She ain't gotta take me. I can walk." I spoke and my mom shook her head.

"No. Diamond is gonna take you. Now gone." She shoo'd me away making me roll my eyes and walk out the house only to hear the screen door slam and my mom nagging about it.

I jogged down the stairs to see Dom and Rich posted up on the corner.

"Yo Avery! What you got for me?" Dom asked me as I got closer to them.

"Nothing. You always ask me that and I say the same thing." I smiled at them.

"What you finna get into?" Rich asked me.

"School." I let out a sigh as the two laughed at me.

"Shut up. It's not even funny." I said

"AVERY!" I turned around, seeing my sister standing outside, barely clothed.

Honestly, the shit she did was so embarrassing.

I rolled my eyes, hearing Dom and Rich snicker. I punched the one closest to me and that was Rich.

"Ow." He said and I walked away to my sisters car, getting inside.

I didn't say to much. I knew my mouth could get foul and I didn't feel like arguing with my her.

"If ya pops give you so much money, how come you'n got a car B?" She asked smartly.

"Cause I'm saving up to move out from y'all annoying asses." I mumbled

"What was that?" Diamond asked and I ignored her. The ride to Haven High was only 10 minutes.