Fifteen

Avery Castillo

I changed into some shorts with a white t-shirt.

Since I was alone in the house, I was gonna have a movie night in the living room.

I danced as my popcorn popped in the microwave.

I had stopped by the gas station and got some candy and I was just gonna chill.

I took my popcorn out, pouring it in a bowl.

I was happy and I didn't know why. Maybe because I got a job and I'll be able to get my own place.

I mean, it will probably be like staying here because I see the same people everyday.

Cutting off all the lights and sitting on the couch, I grabbed the remote, looking for movies to watch.

It was so many too choose from.

"Hmm." I said as I sipped from my Dr. Pepper.

I just decided on Poetic Justice with Tupac and Janet Jackson.

The movie began playing and once I got comfortable, there was a knock at the door.

"Shit." I said sitting my popcorn on the coffee table. I got up, pulling my shorts down and going to the door.

Cutting the lights on, I looked through the glass door to see somebody I didn't wanna see.

"Open the door Avery." He said.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because I said so. Plus, this my parents house." He said and I sighed. I couldn't argue with that.

I opened the door and he came in. I walked in the living room and sat on the couch.

I pulled the covers over me as Dave wondered the house.

I was watching TV when Dave came and pulled the covers off me.

"Why you wearing these little ass shorts?" He asked as I yanked the cover back.

"Please leave me alone. Plus, I'm here alone." I said.

"Where everybody at?" He asked.

"Key took Jayda on a date and you parents went on a business trip." I said and he nodded, sitting down beside me.

"I came over here to talk to you Avery. So stop with the fucking attitude." He said and I rolled my eyes.

He wrapped his arm around me and I moved, taking my popcorn with me to the other couch.

"So we really gone act this way towards each other?" He asked.

"Yup. I don't wanna be up under you after you fucked that girl." I said and he chuckled.

"Why you worried about that?" He asked.

"Oh I'm not. Trust me on that." I said.

"Okay. Come back over here. I just wanted to talk to you." He said and I grabbed the remote, turning the TV up.

"Avery." He said.

"Avery!" He spoke again and I continued to ignore him.

"Look at me mamas." He said and I looked at him making him laugh.

"Ain't shit funny. Leave me alone!" I said and his laugh turned into a frown.

"Don't yell at me." He said coming and snatching the remote out my hand, turning the TV off.

I smacked my lips, getting up and going inside the kitchen.

"Look Avery. Just listen to what I have to say." He said grabbing my waist.

My stomach began to do backflips while he gripped my waist. It was something about Dave and I was shocked to say this but I wanted him.

"What do you have to say Dave? That you fucked another girl? Yeah I'm mad about it! I'm really pissed!" I spat.

"Ight but I only did that to keep you off my mind while you was out with that lame ass nigga." He said.

"Oh really? You had to fuck her? All I did was go on a date!" I said.

"Well I wasn't in the right state of mind. You chose that nigga over me and I ain't gon lie, you hurt me." He said.

"I hurt you? Dave you know you really confuse me. You say we just friends but if a boy talks to me, you run them away, but yet, you be in the next bitch face!" I said.

"You told me to do me and I did! I'M SINGLE RIGHT? You always tryna control me!" I went on until he cut me off from my rant.

"What the fuck you want me to say Avery? You want me to tell you how I feel so you won't be so fucking confused? Huh? You want me to tel you that I fucking love you and I didn't know how to tell you because I don't do this love shit? Is that gonna confess my love for you? Is that gonna give you a heads up that I really fuck with you and want you on my team? Fine then. I fucking love you Avery!" He said making my eyes grow wide.

"What?" I asked wanting him to repeat it because I don't think I heard him right.

"I know I've only known you for a month and a half but I think I started loving you the first day I laid eyes on you at the trap. I don't do this confessing shit G because I don't quite know how." He said and I looked away.

I actually liked Dave. I liked him so much that I was jealous of everything he did but wait, this is moving to fast.

"I know we moving to fast and you ain't gotta tell me you love me back because I been through that already." He went on.

"Dave..." I said and he began to walk away. I sighed, palming my face before walking after him.

"Where you going?" I asked.

"Why does it matter Avery?" He asked.

"Because I want you to stay here with me." I said and he stared at me a while longer. I knew he was gonna give in because I was pouting.

He walked to the couch and kicked his shoes off before propping his feet up on the table.

I can't believe this man told me he loved me. Did I love him back is what I asked myself over and over again.

I covered myself with the cover as I laid my head on his lap.

"Dave, why are we going through all this and we're not a couple." I asked and he chuckled.

"I honestly can't answer that." He said as he moved my hair out my face.

As he watched TV, I just looked up at him.

"I love you too David." I said.

What is this boy doing to me? He ain't even gave up the dick.