Thirteen

Avery Castillo

I laid in the bed on the phone with Rio. We'd been talking for a week and he wasn't all that bad but he wasn't Dave.

"What you doing tonight?" He asked and I shrugged.

"Nothing. What you tryna do?" I asked with a smile.

"I'm trying to finally take you out." He said and I raised a brow.

"Where we gon go?" I asked.

"You'll see. Be dressed by 8." He said.

"Alright. See you then." I said before hanging up.

I did a small squeal before going downstairs.

It was Jayda, Key and Dave.

Dave and Key was playing the game and Jayda was on her phone posting quotes about relationship's that she couldn't relate too.

"Guess what." I said.

"Girl what? Is it about Rio?" Jayda asked.

"Yup. He taking me out tonight." I said and Jayda jumped up.

"Come on! We gotta find you a dress!" Jayda said grabbing my hand.

"Wait Wait wait." Key said stopping us.

We both rolled our eyes, turning around.

"Yes Key." We said in unison.

"You going on a date?" Key asked.

"Yes." I said.

"Alright Dave, looks like we gotta find you a suit." Key said.

"Um no. She's got a date with Rio." Jayda said.

"Riooo?" Key said like Soulja boy.

"Exactly. But I'm good off her." Dave said walking past and I rolled my eyes at him.

Me and Dave haven't talked since that night. We would just give each other annoying stares but not once did we speak.

"That nigga need special Ed. He used to be in a mental institution." Key said laughing.

"You play so much." I said as me and Jayda continued our walk up stairs.

At least I thought he was playing.

.  .  .

I walked out the bathroom, turning in a circle for Jayda who cheesed at me.

"Bitch, I can't believe you going on a date and it's not with my brother." She said as I walked to the mirror, applying lip gloss to my lips.

"It's not my fault Jayda." I said and she nodded.

"I know. Just give him time." She said before hearing Key yell her name.

"He in the shower and the light bulb probably went out. Scary ass nigga." She said walking out, leaving me alone.

I sat at the vanity that was just put in my room, looking at myself.

As I looked at myself, my sister crossed my mind. What kind of sister am I to not think about her?

I heard the door open and looking through my mirror, it was Dave.

"So you really about to go on a date with that nigga." He said and I rolled my eyes.

"Dave please don't start." I said fixing my skirt.

"I'm not starting. Just can't believe you." He said and I turned to look at him.

"Well believe it Dave. Sometimes I don't get you." I said.