Fourteen

Avery Castillo

"I'm sorry Avery. When I see him, I'm gonna kill him." Jayda said as we pulled up to the house.

"It's fine Jayda. I just wished I listened to Dave." I shrugged and she sighed, cutting the car off.

"Well they play so damn much, we never take them serious." Jayda said as we got out.

"I'm gonna shower then go to Dave's." I said and she nodded.

"Okay. You know how to drive?" She asked and I shook my head.

"Then call a uber." She said making me laugh as we walked inside.

I went upstairs to my room, closing the door behind me. I stripped out of my clothes in the process of going to the bathroom.

I ran the shower, getting it to the temperature I wanted. Stepping in, I let the steaming hot water run down on me.

I just wanted to wash this bullshit ass day away.

After showering and changing into something comfortable, I picked up my phone to see that Rio texted me.

Rio: did you make it home safe?

Me:Fuck you bitch ass NIGGA!

I closed my phone as I ran the brush down my hair. My phone then ranged with a notification saying my Uber was outside.

I grabbed my purse and left out the room going to the uber. I got in and he pulled off to Dave's house.

The whole tome, I was trying to get my apology together.

But with his grudge holding ass, he'll probably never listen to me.

I just wished I never walked out that door but with those hickey's on his neck, he obviously didn't give a fuck about me.

But here I am. Caring about his feelings because I actually like him.

"We're here ma'am." The old man said knocking me out of my thoughts.

"Thank you." I said getting out.

I walked to Dave's door, knocking on it.

Getting no answer, I banged on it a tad bit louder before it flew open.

His face made a shocked expression as he looked down at me.

"Dave. Can I come in?" I asked.

"Baby, who at the door?" I heard and a girl came down the stairs, walking to the door.

Baby?

I scoffed and I don't know why but tears filled the brim of my eyes.

"Look Avery.." he started to say but I cut him off.

"It's fine Dave. You good. You don't have to explain anything to me." I said turning around and walking away.

Seeing that he had company did piss me off and to say I was sad was an understatement.

I mean, I did choose to go with Rio so I guess this just on me.

. . .

"Averyyy." Jayda sanged as I felt the bed dip.

"Yes." I said and she laughed.

"Did you forget you had a job interview at the boutique today?" She asked and I sighed.

"I actually did." I said getting out of bed to get ready.

"I hope you get this job because then you can get me some clothes." She said and I laughed lowly.

"That's if I get this job." I said as I brushed my teeth.

"Your gonna get it. Besides, I know the girl that worked there. I talked to her already and let her know you were still coming." She said and I nodded going into the closet to find something to wear.

"Sooo. Do you wanna talk about last night?" Jayda asked.

"Nope." I said.

"Come on. Talk to me about it." She said and I turned to look at her.

"I'm fine Jayda. The whole thing has went over my head." I lied.

"Yeah okay." She said standing up.

"I'll be downstairs." She left out, leaving me alone to change.

After 10 minutes of searching, I finally found something nice to wear.

Throwing it on with some shoes, I did my hair and a natural makeup look.

"AVERY!" I heard Jayda yell.

I picked up my pace and grabbed my purse, going down the stairs.

"Where you going?" Key asked.

"To a job interview. How do I look?" I asked with a small smile.

" A damn fool." He said making me smack my lips.

"Don't play my bestie fuckboy." Jayda said as we left out the house, getting in her car and pulling off in the direction of the Boutique.

"I'll be out here if you need me." Jayda said once we pulled up.

"Okay." I said.

I went inside to see it empty. I looked around before going to the counter and ringing a bell.

I heard talking before a dark sinned girl came into view.

"Hi.. My name is Avery. I came for the job interview." I said and she smiled.

"Oh your Jayda's friend?" She asked.

"Yes." I said and she typed into the computer.

"I'll be right back. Let me print out your work schedule." She said going to the back.

I waited patiently for her and minutes later, she came back.

"You got the job. This is your daily schedule so don't be late, Kelly is very strict. Also, if she ask's about you, tell her I interviewed you. My name is Teyana." She said and I smiled.

"Thanks." I said walking out the door and Jayda let her window down.

"Hey bitch!" Jayda said.

"Hey hoe." I heard Teyana from behind me.

I got in Jayda's car as Teyana leaned on the door

"What y'all finna get into?" She asked.

"Nothing. Probably me and her are gonna stop to get something to eat." Jayda said and my stomach then rumbled.

"Well let me take my ass back in here before Kelly spot me out here. Call me Jay. Bye pretty." She waved at me and Jayda pulled off.

"She seem's sweet." I said.

"She is but that shit can change in a quickness." Jayda spoke making me laugh a little.

If I keep adding to my collection off money, I'll be in my own place and out Mr. William and Mrs. Selene's hairs.