Nine

Avery Castillo

I felt myself being lifted in the air.

My eyes flickered open and I seen David carrying me upstairs.

My arms were wrapped around him as we walked inside his room. He laid me in the bed beside Kairi before walking towards the door.

"David." I spoke in a hoarse tone.

"Wassup Avery." He turned around, hands behind his back.

I sat up and raised a brow.

"What did you do?" I asked and he shrugged.

"I told you I was just going to talk to her." He said and I shook my head, laying back down.

I wasn't dumb. I felt like something was wrong, but I was just gonna sleep it off and that's what I did.

I woke up to the sun shining brightly through the curtains. I sat up, wiping my eyes.

I looked to the right of me, seeing Kai stir in her sleep. Today was Monday and I had school.

I used the bathroom, washed my hands and went to find David.

"David." I said as I made it to the bottom step. Looking around, the house looked empty until I heard him in the kitchen.

I peaked my head in the doorway of the kitchen, seeing him sipping from a glass.

Next to him was a Hennessy bottle. I shook my head, walking in.

"David, it's 7:00 in the morning." I said sitting at the bar. He ignored me, turning around, his back facing me.

I scoffed, rolling my eyes.

"If your not gonna talk to me, just take me back to your parents house." I said.

"No problem." He said and I raised a brow but then again, I couldn't get mad.

He didn't have to tell me how he felt even though I wanted to know, but since we really didn't know each other like that, I couldn't blame him.

I grabbed my clothes from Saturday night and walked to the door, waiting on him.

He came down with Kairi and we left out to his truck.

He buckled her in her car seat and closed the door. He got in himself and pulled off to his parents house.

The whole ride was silent and I didn't give two shits because I didn't wanna talk to him.

"Ight shorty, you here." He said and I rolled my eyes, grabbing my things.

"My name not shorty, it's Avery." I said closing his door and waving bye to Kai who smiled at me.

I walked inside the house and it was quiet until I reached the top of the stairs.

"Fuck you Key! Ou I swear to god when I get close to you!" I heard Jayda.

"Shut up Fuck boy! I'm tired of yo lies!" She shouted and I kept walking.

I was not about to get in the middle of what they had going.

.  .  .

I watched the clock move annoyingly slow. We had exactly two minutes left of class before it was time to go and let's just say, the two minutes was pissing me off.

My pencil tapped as I looked down at the plain loose leaf paper.

"If you haven't started on your essay, get started because it has to be turned in by Wednesday." Mr. Wilson said and I sighed.