CHAPTER 11: Ghost Hunt ✔️

IF YOU TOLD me a few months ago that I would be sneaking into a famous middle-aged man's mansion to talk my ghost friends out of haunting him, I would have said you were crazy. Then again, since that's exactly what I'm doing, maybe we're both crazy.

Flynn, Julie and I sneak around a big brown wooden fence, eyes peeled for Pinky Pie herself or the boys. We don't spot either so we lightly step up to the door.

Flynn trips and her shoes squeak.

"Don't stop, just go," Julie whispers, steadying Flynn. "Keep on going."

Carrie sees us at the door.

"Hey," I say in fake sweetness.

"What are you three doing here? How'd you get over the security gate?" Carrie interogates. I bite my tongue.

"Teamwork." Julie chuckles. "Do you have a Band-Aid? The barbed wire's new."

"What do you want?" Carrie sighs, placing a dainty hand on her hip.

"Uh...just thought you should know that their band is playing at the dance tonight," Flynn improvises.

"You guys are acting weirder than usual," Carrie mocks with a raise of her perfect eyebrows.

"Probably because we're thirsty," Julie says.

"Yeah, sure," I mutter.

"Can we come in for a glass of water?" Flynn asks.

"Fine." Carrie rolls her eyes as though we are the scum of the Earth. "If it'll make you leave faster. Don't break anything."

I grin as sweetly as possible. "Yes, princess."

She gives me a sour expression, then leaves.

We search for any sign of Luke, Reggie, or Alex.

"Where are you?" Julie says out loud.

"I'm...I'm right here." Nick laughs.

We chuckle awkwardly.

"Nick! Look Flynn and Lila, it's Nick," Julie says with embarrassment. "Nickster, Nicky-poo, Nick-a-licious."

"Please make it stop," I beg Flynn, not knowing what to do.

Flynn laughs lightly. "Hey! Glad you're here, Nicky-poo. We wanted to tell you that their band is playing at the dance."

I assess Julie's reaction. She just majorly humiliated herself in front of her crush. Thankfully, Nick isn't a jerk so I'm sure she'll bounce back.

"Oh, yeah no I...I saw your post," Nick says gesturing towards Flynn with a happy smile on his face.

"These girls bothering you, babe?" Carrie asks in a nasty tone.

"Nope, just telling us about the dance tonight," he replies nonchalantly.

I don't know how he can stand her heinous attitude.

"Right, Julie, Lila, and their hologram band are playing," Carrie says with a fake sweet tone. "How'd you learn how to do all that hologram stuff anyways?"

"The internet," Julie responds, "it's not just full of makeup tips."

Haha.

"Uh, what do you...what do you say, babe?" Nick asks Carrie.

"Sure," Carrie seats herself on the sofa next to him and moves her head sassily. "Let's check out the hologram show?"

I don't even attempt to suppress my eye roll. Carrie is ridiculous.