Chapter 1- Blair

"Ready?" I looked at Mal.

"Definitely." She gave me an evil smirk.

We rampaged the streets, spray painting our parents' logos on the sides of buildings and stealing from the local peasants.

Mal, she was the mastermind of our group, plotting our rampages and controlling our group, so we stayed in order. The fact that her mother was Maleficent only made it more obvious that she was going to be our leader.

Evie, she was the charmer. She could use her looks to seduce a boy into doing anything. Every boy wanted her, but no one could have her. Mal hated her at first, but then she realized that having the daughter of the Evil Queen on her side had its advantages.

Jay, son of Jafar. He was the muscle of the group. Making sure no one got hurt, or that no one started a fight. He didn't want to show it, but he was actually very protective of the group. Mal especially, since he was practically her bodyguard.

Carlos De Vil, he's the brains of the group. Clarifies everything with Mal, making sure everything will go smoothly with no bumps in the alley. He may be a year younger, but Mal found him useful when he built that system that led us to the Dragon's Eye.

Me, Blair, I'm a combination of everyone. I'm ruthless, like Mal. A natural beauty, like Evie. Top of my class, like Carlos. And strong, like Jay. I'll win any fight with just talk alone and scare them halfway across the Isle.

Blair Hearts, daughter of the Queen of Hearts. I don't look like Mom, though. Mom has black hair and black eyes. I have honey-brown hair that was dyed blue and hazel-green eyes. She told me I look a lot like Dad, but I've never actually met him. All I know is that my dad isn't the King of Hearts.

Mal blew her bangs out of her face as I strutted up to her side. She smiled and leaned her elbow on me, catching her breath. I heard screams behind me and turned around, figuring it was Jay or Carlos scaring them away. But no. When I looked in front of me, it was none other than Maleficent herself.

Mom had always taught me to fear Maleficent, to fear what she can do. I'm not afraid of her. She can't do anything trapped in this landfill. Her scepter doesn't even work. Sure, Diablo came back to life for being trapped in stone for sixteen years, but that's it. I've seen her try to cast spells. They fail every time.

"Hi, Mom." Mal turned around.

Maleficent pushed through her henchman. "Stealing candy, Mal? I'm so disappointed." She sighed.

"It was from a baby," Mal added.

Maleficent grinned. "That's my nasty little girl." She took the lollipop from Mal and spat on it, then put it under her arm. She handed it to one of her goons. "Give it back to the dreadful creature."

"Mom-" Mal whined.

"It's the deets that make a difference between mean and truly evil!" Maleficent exclaimed. "When I was your age, I was cursing entire kingdoms," she gloated. She pulled Mal off to the side, murmuring to her.

"I get more conversations about chopping off heads than being evil," I sighed.

"Each parent has their own methods of raising their kids, Blair," Carlos said. "And unfortunately for Mal, that's trying to curse an entire kingdom when we're stuck on this wretched island," Carlos spat.

Evie and Jay nodded in agreement.

"Oh, there's news! I buried the lead! Haha!" Maleficent said suddenly, startling the five of us. "You four have been chosen to go to a different school. In Auradon," Maleficent announced.

The three of them tried to escape as I walked back up next to Mal.

"What?! I'm not going to a boarding school, filled to the brim with prissy pink princesses," Mal said, disgusted.

"And perfect princes," Evie said dreamily. She then made a disgusted sound, and I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah, and I don't do 'uniforms'. Unless it's leather, you feel me?" Jay asked, raising his hand to Carlos.

Carlos ignored him, taking a couple of steps forward. "I read somewhere that they allow dogs in Auradon. Mom says their rabid-pack animals who eat boys who don't behave," Carlos said, shivering slightly.

Jay came up behind him and made a dog noise in his ear. Carlos hit him on the arm.

"Yeah, Mom, we're not going!" Mal said.

"Wait, four of us? But there's five of us," I butted in.

"Oh, I'm sorry. You're not going," Maleficent said, smiling.

"What? But Mom, she's a part of us," Mal argued, motioning to the four of them.

"I hate to break it to you, Mal, but she's not evil enough to be in your little group," Maleficent spat.

"Don't listen to her, Blair," Mal started.

"No, it's fine. She's right. I don't have reputations like you guys," I insisted. I put a hand on Mal's left forearm. "I'll see you when you tire of that prissy kingdom."

"Okay," Mal said quietly.

I disappeared into an alley, my rage growing more and more as I continued to walk. Peasants tried to jump out at me and mug me, but I scared them back into the shadows. My eyes glowed yellow, like they always do when I'm angry.

I headed down to the beach, where the magical barrier on the Isle was the weakest. I've been able to do a couple of things there.

"I'm not evil enough to be in the group... I'm evil enough to rule this entire island!" I screamed, feeling my madness overwhelm me. I felt something shift inside me, and I saw that my vision was now inches from the ground.