Chapter 3- Three Months Later

My anger at not being invited to Auradon only doubled when Mal and the others turned good. I had never felt so much hate for them in my life. They had destroyed our one chance for freedom, for us to take over the world and show the prissy kings and queens what we felt about their little proclamation.

Uma had been distant ever since we watched Coronation. Mal became my brother's girlfriend, otherwise known as Prince Ben. I would stop by the shop at different times of the day, but I never saw her.

I walked down to the beach, wanting to get some fresh air. I transformed into a puppy easier than the last time. I had gotten used to the fact that I was an innocent puppy, but still scary enough to send them to Olympus.

"Blair," Uma called quietly. "Blair," she repeated.

I saw her and walked over to her, rubbing my head against her ankle. She smiled down at me as I backed up, transforming back into a human. "I want to show you something."

"It's almost seven. Mom wants me home by nine," I deadpanned.

"You'll be back at eight-thirty. Let's go," Uma assured me.

I walked with her unsurely to the harbor. I gasped as I saw a ship being fixed up by pirates. It needed deep repairs, but they were still working on it.

"You like it?" Uma smiled.

"Where did you get it?" I asked.

"Won it from the old codfish himself. Calling it the Lost Revenge. You're my right-hand woman, but I already have a first mate," Uma said proudly.

"And who might that be?" I questioned.

"That might be me," a boy said behind me. 

I turned around to see his charming smirk that every girl fell for, except me. "Harry Hook." He took my hand and kissed it.

"Stop trying to charm my best friend, Harry." Uma touched his bicep warningly. "Harry, this is Blair. Queen of Hearts's daughter," Uma introduced me.

"Queen of my heart." Harry smirked.

"Nice try, Harry, but no." I shook my head.

"I tried." Harry walked onto the ship.

"Anyway, let's go." Uma pulled me onto the ship. "You need to meet Gil," she blurted. "Gil!" she called.

"Who's Gil?" I asked.

A boy with a sweet but goofy smile walked up to us. He was wearing a bandana that looked dark against his blond locks. "Gil LeGume," he said simply.

I faltered for a second. "Gaston's son?" I looked at Uma.

"Not the brightest in our bunch, but he's still a piece on our chessboard," Uma explained.

"Nice to meet you," Gil said, shaking my hand delicately. "What's your name?"

"Blair," I blurted. "Although, Uma, I need to talk to you about something. In private." I remembered Mom and I's conversation.

Uma nodded in suspicion as we walked into the cabin. She paced as I fidgeted with my sleeves.

"What did you want to talk about?" Uma looked up at me.

"Mom revealed something to me about my birth. I'm actually not her daughter. She found me on a ship with a ring and took me in once we moved in," I explained slowly.

"The point?" Uma questioned.

"There was a newspaper article on a girl named Claire that Mom had found. Daughter of Belle and Beast, five minutes younger than Prince Ben. The last group of villains took her on a ship and was shipped off to the Isle with the others," I finished.

Uma's eyes widened. "So you're saying-"

"From what Mom has told me, I am the daughter of Belle and Beast and twin to Prince Ben." I looked down at the ground.

"You're already a princess. This will be no different. Just an advantage that we have against the others," Uma said. "You're still my best friend, and still my right-hand woman."

"What does that mean, now that you're the captain of this lovely ship?" I motioned to our surroundings.

"It means that if I'm going to be gone for a long time, you're automatically captain until I get back. And I trust that you'll keep everything in order until I get back," Uma explained sternly.

I nodded. "I promise."

She went behind me and tied something yellow around my head. She then took two of my front strands and braided them, tying them with tiny elastic bands. She smoothed my hair and nodded an approval.

"You look somewhat like a pirate now."

"Perfect," I said, feeling the yellow bandana around my forehead.

We walked out of the cabin, and I sat on the end of the ship. Gil came up to me after a couple of minutes and sat next to me.

"Blair, huh?" Gil smiled.

"Yeah. Mom named me Claire, but that sounds too..." I lied.

"Like a princess' name?" Gil guessed.

I nodded, smiling. "I don't mind it. I just prefer to be called Blair," I added.

"I understand." Gil nodded in understanding.

The night was rising and the crew members left. Uma patted my shoulder goodbye and left with Harry to go to the shop. I stayed, looking up at the stars.

"I guess I'll see you tomorrow." Gil got up.

I shivered as a chilly breeze passed by us, catching me by surprise. I rubbed my hands together for warmth.

"Here," Gil said suddenly, handing me his gloves.

"You don't have to-"

"Take them," he insisted.

I took them nervously and slipped them on, feeling the warmth trap inside of them. I smiled and nodded to him. He walked away with a matching smile and off the ship, leaving me alone.

The gloves were perfectly clean and yellow, matching my color scheme. I tucked the access under my jacket and stood up, fixing the buckles so that they fit around my wrist. A single thought ran through my mind as I walked home: Why did he give them to me?