Chapter 2- Are You My Real Mother?

I froze in shock as I looked down at the sand. I had paws, and I was on four paws. I was a puppy. An adorable puppy. It was sickening, and I wanted to transform back as soon as possible.

"Well, well, well. I expected my best friend Blair to be here, but this innocent little puppy is here in her place," she said behind me.

I took a deep breath through my nose and transformed back onto two feet. An arm slung around my shoulders as I took deep breaths, calming myself into contentedness.

"There's my best friend," she said with a smile.

"Right here, Uma," I replied. "I always will be by your side."

"What's new with them?" her smile faded.

"They're being sent to Auradon to go to school there. Maleficent told me I wasn't evil enough to be in their group, so that's why I didn't get invited. Oh, how I wanted to strangle her," I growled.

Uma looked out at the ocean in fury, a fire burning in her eyes. I waited patiently for her to speak, for her to give me directions.

"They didn't invite us. That's what's going to fuel us. They didn't invite us and that's why we're going to rule the island. Together. With Mal gone, who's going to rule the island?" Uma looked at me.

"Us," I said firmly.

"And we are going to take over this island, and Auradon together," Uma said. "Mark my words."

We sat on the beach until the moon rose. Uma and I vented to each other most of the time. Otherwise, it was plotting our next pranks.

"I have to go home or else Mom will chop off my own head. I'll see you tomorrow." I walked off.

I headed back to Mom's castle, which she specifically called when the villains moved to the island. Mom was sitting at the rotting dining room table with yellow papers in front of her. There wasn't anything different about her; her hair was loose with a crown placed on top of her head. Her eyes were outlined with a thick black eyeliner. Gold teardrop earrings hung from her ears. Her lips were painted with red lipstick and black outlined their shape. She had on her infamous dress with black heels.

"Where were you, Blair?" Mom said in a warning tone, a tone that told me not to lie to her.

"Venting with Uma," I answered simply. "What are you looking at, Mom?"

"Your birth certificates and documents," Mom said in a tone that said she was reading at the same time.

I picked up a paper from the table and started to read it.

Claire, daughter of Belle and Beast, was born on May 14th, five minutes after her brother, Ben. She was reported missing at only a couple weeks old, Beast claiming that the last round of villains that had been shipped to the Isle had taken her as revenge. There is no known sign of her whereabouts, or even if she is alive. If you see her, she has honey-brown hair and green eyes. She also has the possibility of transforming into a dog, a power that she inherited from her father being transformed into a beast.

"What does Claire have to do with me?" I asked curiously.

Mom sighed. "You were a week old when I found you on the ship that was taking us to the Isle of the Lost. Nobody noticed you, nobody seemed to care that you were there. I somehow knew you were special, so when I got settled into this rock of a castle, I took you in," Mom started to explain.

"I was found on a boat... Claire was taken on a boat..." I muttered to myself. My eyes widened as I came to the realization. "Mom... am I...?" I trailed off.

"It is a possibility that you are Claire. But then again, you couldn't be." Mom looked up at me. "But you won't leave me, will you?"

"No, Mom. If I was given the chance to go to Auradon like the others did, I would stay with you. I'm not going anywhere. Besides, I know how much you love it when I do your makeup." I smiled.

"Go chop some heads tomorrow morning," Mom said, indicating for me to go to bed.

"Will do." I walked into my room.

The next morning, I went over to Bargain Castle to watch my friends leave.

"Keep the Isle wrapped around our fingers, okay?" Mal hugged me.

I nodded as she got into the car with one last look at her Mom. The limo drove away and the crowd dispersed, leaving only me looking up at the Bargain Castle.

"That should've been us. We should've been the ones to go to Auradon, not those posers," Uma spat.

"That's going to be us someday, Uma. We just have to find our gang." I smiled.

"And you're going to be my right-hand man." Uma nodded in agreement.

I went home that evening after helping Uma waitress at the shop. Mom was still looking at the papers.

"Sweetheart, I forgot to tell you something," Mom called as I was about to walk into my room.

I walked over to her with curiosity. "I found something that I found absolutely breathtaking when I found you. I never thought about it until now, but I figured that I should give it to you."

"It's beautiful, mother," I said quietly

"It's beautiful, mother," I said quietly. I slipped it onto my right pointer finger. "I'll always wear it. To remind myself that you're the only mother I will have."