Chapter 12- Sunrise

"Where are you taking me? It's sunrise. We should be sleeping," I groaned.

Gil had gotten us up in the early hours of the morning and forced me to get dressed. I was questioning whether my madness had gotten to Gil, or if Gil actually had something planned.

I recognized the gray around us as we went up the hill, the same hill we had kissed on. I looked on the ground to see if Gil had put swords there, but he hadn't. I looked around in confusion as Gil smiled. "What are we doing up here, Gil?"

He chuckled. "Turn around."

I gasped in surprise as I turned around. We could practically see the whole harbor and rest of the island from here. I was frozen as Gil wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed my cheek.

"What do you think?" Gil whispered.

"I'm questioning myself how I didn't see the beauty of this island earlier," I admitted.

"Because you always have your back to it," Gil replied.

I turned around, my smile fading. "Why did you bring me up here, Gil?" I asked.

"Well, I would do this on the ship, because it's where we first met, but I didn't want to get attention from Uma or any of the others," Gil started.

I paused for a moment as Gil removed his arms. "What are you-" I cut myself off, turning around and stopping of shock.

"Will you marry me?" Gil asked softly. He was on one knee with a box containing a ring in his hand.

"Gil," I said breathlessly. "Yes." I smiled. "Yes!" I repeated.

Gil beamed and quickly got up and took the ring out of the box, slipping it onto my left ring finger. We shared a short kiss, sealing it with a tight hug. Gil's arms were wrapped around my waist, while my arms were around his neck. I laid my head on his shoulder, enjoying the comfortable silence.

I heard a whirring sound near the entrance to the barrier and pulled away in confusion. A limo was heading out of the barrier, onto a magical, golden bridge to Auradon. My eyes widened as I realized what day it was.

"It's VK day... I need to go talk to Dizzy and Celia!" I said in realization. I kissed his cheek urgently. "I'm sorry, Gil, but I promised the girls I would go see if they got in or not! I love you!" I took a couple steps forward before running off.

"Love you too!" I heard faintly.

I ran through the alleyways, being careful to dodge people. Ever since Uma left, I had convinced Harry to stop stealing from her. It was more for his money, and not for Uma. After that, Dizzy thanked me time and time again and I had started to grow a friendship with the girl.

I ran into Curl Up and Dye, composing myself before walking fully into the shop. I smiled at the two girls as they cleaned the shop and gushed about Auradon.

"I take it you two were accepted?" I questioned.

They turned to me with bright smiles on their faces. "Yep!" they replied simultaneously.

"Need any help?" I asked.

"Sweeping," Dizzy said immediately.

I giggled and went to get the broom. I started to sweep up the hair off the floor.

"Mal asked if I had seen you. Same with Celia," Dizzy stated.

"Now why in the underworld would she care about someone like myself?" I asked.

"Don't play dumb, B. We know that you were an old friend of Mal's. She was asking because she cared about you," Celia explained.

I stayed silent for a moment. "Tell her next time you see that I'm just fine," I said, getting the dustpan and sweeping the hair into it. I dumped it into the garbage and left as the two continued to talk. I did a double take and looked back at Dizzy. "Hey, Diz?"

She looked up. "Yeah?"

"Is my color fading?" I pointed to my hair.

She thought for a quick second. "It is a little faded. How about next week, before I leave?" Dizzy offered.

I nodded and left, heading back down to the ship. I climbed up to the top of the crow's nest, looking out at the sea. I giggled when I felt arms wrap around my waist and kisses being peppered to the side of my face.

"How are Celia and Dizzy?" Gil asked.

"Good. They got into the program. And from what I heard, they're leaving next week," I explained.

Gil kissed my cheek, looking out at the sea with me. "One day, we'll be out there." I sighed.

"One day," Gil agreed.