Chapter 17- Fairy Cottage

"She's nowhere on campus," Evie said as she walked into Audrey's dorm.

I was lying on Audrey's bed with Uma, reading Audrey's diary while Celia was sitting at Audrey's vanity and trying on her jewelry.

"Found her diary. And dang, did you ruin Audrey's life." Uma smiled.

"Okay, so did you find anything in there that we don't already know, or...?" Mal trailed off.

"She hangs out at Fairy Cottage." Uma sighed, snapping the book shut. "You know, where Flora, Fauna, and Merryweather hid her mom from your mom."

"Yes, haha ha, the irony is not lost on me," Mal said sarcastically.

"How could anyone with this bed be unhappy?" Uma asked, flopping back down on the bed as I got up.

"Okay, how do I look?" Celia asked, posing in Audrey's jewelry.

"Okay, the bling stays here," Evie said after a moment.

"But she's bad," Celia said.

"And we're not," Evie replied.

~~~

"Uh, who's the dude?" Uma asked as we walked into Evie's design studio.

"Doug," she said, walking over to him and crouching in front of him. "Doug, wake up. Wake up," Evie said, repeatedly nudging his shoulder.

"He's spelled. Is she not a fast learner?" Uma asked Mal.

"She's emotionally involved, okay?" Mal said, defending Evie.

"Well, in that case, she should be able to wake him up." Uma sighed.

I smiled, knowing what she was thinking.

"Well, we haven't actually used the 'L' word yet," Evie said, looking up at Uma.

Uma rolled her eyes and looked at me. I nodded, feeling the same annoyance she was. "Can we be alone?" she asked.

I nodded and went to check on the kids. I saw Dizzy squirming again. I frowned and covered her with a blanket. "It's okay, D. I'm right here. I'll protect you," I whispered.

"You care about the kids, don't you?" Mal walked into the room.

"I've cared about Celia and Dizzy ever since I convinced Harry to stop stealing from Dizzy. I met Celia because of Dizzy, and..." I explained.

"Whose ring is that?" Mal pointed to my left hand.

Before I could answer, which seemed like a blessing, boards hung onto the window, startling me.

"Celia!" Uma and I yelled instinctively.

"We're trapped!" she screamed, running up to me.

Mal held her hands out in front of her. "You've caused our friends pain and fear, we've had enough. Now disappear!" Mal chanted. It changed nothing. "Guys, I'm sorry my magic isn't working. Audrey's magic is getting stronger!" Mal apologized.

Uma's necklace glowed, and my eyes glowed yellow. The three of us grabbed hands, feeling stronger as a group. "You've caused our friends pain and fear, we've had enough. Now disappear!" we said together.

The boards fell off the windows, making me sigh in relief. "Are you okay, Celia?" I asked as I hugged her.

"Just a bit frightened," Celia breathed as she hugged me back.

"You did it, together," Evie said, smiling.

Celia ran over to the window and smiled.

"Hey. It's your baes," Celia said with a smirk.

My eyes flashed, and Mal and I ran outside. We relaxed when we saw the boys walking toward us. I ran up to Gil, hugging him tightly as he hugged me back.

"Hi, Claire," Ben said behind me.

I let go of Gil and turned around, facing Ben. "Hey, Benjamin," I replied as he slowly hugged me.

We hugged for a few moments before I pulled away, standing at Gil's side again.

"Okay, we think Audrey may be at Fairy Cottage, and we have no idea where it is. Did she ever take you there?" Mal asked Ben.

"Every Fairy Godmother's day." Ben sighed. He turned to Jane. "Where is Fairy Godmother when you need her?"

"I wish I knew," Jane said sadly.

I watched Carlos sit down with Jane as Ben and Mal continued to talk.

"Doug, go with Jane. Find Fairy Godmother," Ben said.

"They might need some muscle," Uma said, grabbing Ben's arm to get his attention.

"I'll go," Gil volunteered, looking at his muscles.

"Yeah, actually, I'd feel better," Carlos said, holding Jane close.

"I'd feel better too," Evie agreed.

"Actually, I would too," Doug admitted.

"Don't be scared." Gil noticed my stiffness. "I'm going to be okay."

"No, you're not. You're going to be Hades knows where, trying to find someone who's possibly turned to stone," I whispered.

"I promise we'll be safe," Gil assured you. "I love you," he whispered.

"I love you more," I whispered back.

Gil patted him with a smile and walked off with the two.