Chapter 11- A Hand Mirror

"Gil?"

"Hm?" Gil looked up from cleaning off a table.

"Come here, please." Gaston beckoned him. He led Gil to his office area. Gil could never go back there unless it was absolutely important, and Gil didn't see any reason he couldn't go into his Dad's office. It was completely normal. A rotting desk that looked seconds away from falling apart, a chair held together by duct tape, and a couple sheets of yellow paper with a pen on top of it.

Gaston walked over to the desk and pulled carefully on the top right drawer. He pulled out a small box, studying it for a second. It was a small black box, exactly two inches by two inches. The box was wrapped with velvet, and was definitely not from the garbage dumps around the Isle. This box was something that he had kept when he was in his hometown.

Gaston turned and held the box out to Gil. Gil took the box carefully and inspected it for a moment.

"What is this, Dad?" Gil asked calmly.

"I want you to give it to Claire." Gaston said with a sigh of regret.

Gil opened the box and his eyes widened when he saw a Victorian-style ring inside.

"I wanted to give it to Belle, but that didn't exactly work out. So, I was hoping you would be willing to propose to Claire with this." Gaston explained.

"Are you sure, Dad?" Gil questioned.

Gaston nodded. "I'm very sure."

~~~

I found out a couple of things about me over the past month. One, I love you comes out more normally now that Gil and I say it more often. And two, I can change into different breeds of dogs. I became a german shepherd once when someone had threatened Uma. I growled at them and they instantly retreated.

I was currently going through my stuff. I had found a box of stuff in my closet that I hadn't gone through before, and was intrigued by what was in there. I found an old book with a blue cover, a rotting rose, and most interesting of all, a hand mirror. It had leaves wrapped around the edges with a rose at the top.

I looked up at my Mom passing by my room in the hall. "Hey, Mom?" I called.

"Yeah?" she popped her head into the door.

"What's all this?" I asked curiously, motioning to the box.

"Unfortunately, some old stuff that came with you on the boat. You sat in the very box, looking up at everyone. You looked so curious with your eyes on everyone." Mom laughed lightly. "You had this stuff and the ring surrounding you," she finished. She looked at the mirror in my hand. "Although, now that I think about it, that mirror looks familiar."

"We won't worry about it for now. When we find a way off this island, then we'll worry about it," I said.

Mom smiled. "You already act like a queen, giving orders to everyone. That's my daughter."

"I'm already a princess, and a captain," I pointed out.

"That's true," Mom acknowledged. "But in the end, you will be queen."