The Night it Happened

The mage world was always one kept secret from the rest of humanity. But few were more secretive than the L/n family.

They had been keeping secrets since the age of gods, making them one of the oldest mage families in history.

In the backyard of a large traditional villa, the sound of a weapon being swung echoed through the night.

The weapon was a wooden sword, it's wielder was Y/n L/n. A young man who didn't like to interact with other people, not just mages.

He himself was extraordinarily powerful. His physical strength made things very easy for him while his proficiency for magecraft was another beast entirely.

He smiled proudly however as a few red spots appeared on the back of his hand.

Y/n: "I will wield the saber servant in the holy grail war...and we'll kick some major amounts of ass. Also, plenty of babes to go around as well."

What? I said he was strong, not that he wasn't an idiot. Y/n was known to have a bit of a wandering eye when it came to talking with others. If a guy would talk to him, Y/n would remain eerily focused on his throat. If a girl spoke to him. His eyes would try their damndest to get a look at some cleavage while the rest of him would try and retain eye contact.

Y/n however wasn't a pervert by nature. Mostly by choice if he was bored or if there was nothing else to look at.

His parents were both...elsewhere. He was on his own for the most part.

He walked out of his home dojo before getting ready for school. He wandered through the streets of Fuyuki with his wooden sword slung over his shoulder. He passed by a familiar red haired young man, who called out to him, only to receive the bird being flipped in his general direction.

He passed through a small marketplace when he accidentally bumped into a lavender haired woman.

Y/n: "Oh, my apologies."

???: "Ah, think nothing of it, sweet boy."

With those two words, Y/n felt a chill stab his spine. As though his every instinct was telling him to get away from that woman as fast as possible.

Y/n continued to school with the nagging sensation that he was being watched by something.

What he didn't know was that he was right. Standing there among the shadows was an odd figure. It looked as though it was made of black ribbons and it never made a single sound as it observed him.

Y/n walked to the archery club where he was to meet Shinji Matou. Apparently he had some business with him. Y/n walked in to see Sakura Matou, Shinji's sister, clutching her face.

Shinji then turned to Y/n and smirked.

Shinji: "Y/n! Perfect timing. Wanna take a pot shot at her?"

 Wanna take a pot shot at her?"