Emiya Family Reunion

Shirou Emiya was never a skilled mage, but he had some experience with reinforcement. Despite that, he became the master of the Saber servant Artoria Pendragon.

But standing in front of him was a man he thought he'd never see again.

Shirou: "K-Kiritsugu?"

The man standing before him was clearly his adopted father, the mage killer, Kiritsugu Emiya.

Shirou: "How are you here? Y-You died."

Artoria: "Shirou. He's a servant."

Kiritsugu: "That's correct. I'm a servant summoned by a master through the activation of multiple summoning circles. My class is Assassin."

Artoria: "Fitting for someone like you."

There was tangible venom in Artoria's voice as she spoke while Kiritsugu seemed unbothered.

Kiritsugu: "I know I resemble the Kiritsugu Emiya that raised you. But I am not him. However, upon my summoning here, I gained fragments of his memories."

Artoria: "Then you know of how you wronged me!"

Kiritsugu: "You call it wronging you. However you don't know what would have happened if you had made a wish upon the grail."

Artoria: "Do explain."

Kiritsugu: "The grail was corrupted seventy years ago by the avenger servant Angra Mainiuu. Had you or I made a wish upon the grail, it would have unleashed all of the worlds evils upon humanity in one go."

Artoria's and Shirou's eyes both widened at the revelation.

Artoria: "So...Irisviel..."

Kiritsugu: "Irisviel von Einzbern was born to die to a corrupted grail. I couldn't change that outcome because I never knew. Not until the last minute."

Artoria collapsed to her knees while Kiritsugu regarded her with his cold gaze.

Shirou then walked up to him, his face unreadable.

Shirou: "...Is it true? You murdered hundreds of mages?"

Kiritsugu: "...it is. As I said, I am not the Kiritsugu you know. However I have been granted his memories."

Shirou looked up at Kiritsugu's face, a single tear fell from his eyes as the memories of the time he spent with Kiritsugu flooded his mind.

The assassin was normally cold, but even he couldn't help but feel bad for the boy.

Kiritsugu: "...Once I find my master. Would it bring some comfort to have me around here?"

Both Artoria and Shirou were surprised by the question. The two looked at each other before Artoria regained herself.

Shirou: "Yeah. I want to talk to you more. I want to know more about Kiritsugu Emiya."

Artoria: "I will go with whatever my master decides."