The Hunter Becomes the Hunted

Shinji waited impatiently as the sun vanished from the sky, his smirk crawled onto his face however, when he saw Y/n walking towards him.

Shinji: "Nice night, isn't it, Y/n?"

Y/n: "Could be better. Could certainly stand to have you not in front of me, but we can't all get what we want."

Shinji: "Were you discussing your plan with that whore of a servant?"

Y/n clenched his fist tightly. If there was one thing he hated, it was people that insulted those he had come to care about.

That meant every one of his servants, they were all vastly more powerful than he was, but at the same time they all acted like he was their equal. It was a good feeling, one that he enjoyed. But Shinji deserved what was coming to him.

Y/n: "I'm gonna guess that Assassin's waiting to sneak attack me in the shadows over there?"

Just as he said that, Hundred Faces landed on one of the crates with Cursed Arm. The two were exhausted and Hundred Faces had a large scratch mark on her abdomen.

Y/n: "Well, Shinji. Why don't you fight me yourself."

Shinji: "Now that's not fair, is it?"

Y/n: "Neither is pitting me against a servant, yet that's what you're trying to do."

Y/n reached behind him and brought out his wooden practice sword.

Y/n: "Heh. I won't even need to use this."

With that said, he put the sword down and cracked his knuckles. Shinji smirked before holding a book up.

Shinji: "Allow me to show you why trash doesn't deserve to exist near those of us with actual power!"

Y/n smirked as Shinji fired a volley of attacks at him. He just stood completely still and all of the attacks missed, but the sound echoed throughout the docks.

Shinji: "Tch, Assassin! Kill him!"

Cursed Arm jumped down in front of Y/n and charged at him. He threw some easy to read knife thrusts at Y/n as per their plan. Y/n managed to avoid them easily while he and Cursed Arm had a chat.

Y/n: "So where's the wolf?"

Cursed Arm: "He's in the docks right now. We just need some noise to draw him out here."

Y/n: "Leave that to me."

Y/n chuckled as he ducked under Cursed Arm and rushed at Shinji. The assassin watched as Y/n landed a devastating right hook to Shinji's face, causing him to spit up blood and a tooth.

Y/n then avoided another volley of magecraft attacks, the noise was sufficient however...

...To draw out the big, bad wolf.

A loud roar echoed around the docks and Shinji's eyes widened as he saw the wolf round the corner just next to him.

Y/n: "Hello, Avenger."

"