The Beast of Knossos

Y/n stood in the garden of his home as the snow began to fall. His expression was unreadable as he gazed up at the sky. Within his mind he could faintly hear a little girl laughing while running around.

Y/n: "Llana..."

???: "Is something the matter, Master?"

Y/n: "hm? Oh, hey Gawain."

The knight looked worried about his master. The snow was getting heavier and the temperature was lowering fast.

Gawain: "You should come back inside, Master. Winter's grip is fully upon us."

Y/n turned and nodded. He walked back until he saw that figure again. His head snapped to where it was, but it vanished before he could do anything. He shivered before heading back inside. He found Jack curled up under the kotatsu while Medusa and Sakura were both making some soup for everyone.

Y/n: "Right, what should we do in terms of tracking down the rogue servants?"

Gawain: "I think the Berserker in the sewers is a good call. Other servants may have found him and taken refuge within the sewers."

Y/n: "Perhaps. The avengers still take some priority though."

Gawain: "Jack may be able to track the berserker down."

Okita: "If he has enough mental capacity to think for himself, then that means that he can tell who's an ally and who isn't."

Jack: "Mhm!"

Gawain: "That's true. I was able to tell that you two were my allies due to your auras matching our master."

Okita: "Yes. But how will that work for foreigner?"

Gawain: "Ah, in regards to that, they will hunt for their master depending on how much they acknowledge him. I haven't met them myself, but I know that out of the two, one of them definitely has an interest."

Y/n: "You met them?"

Gawain: "I met one of them in passing. She was able to tell that I'm your servant, so hopefully she'll come to find you."

Y/n: "What about any other servants?"

Gawain: "I've met four of them in passing including foreigner. But I don't know much about them."

Medusa: "What can you tell us about them?"

Gawain: "Our berserker in the sewers is likely waiting for us. The Assassin near the Einzbern castle seems to have some connection to that girl. The last of them...was one of the avengers."

Medusa: "What was it then?"

Gawain: "...a beast. Something I have never even considered. Pure savagery given physical form."

Medusa: "It's not humanoid?"

Gawain: "Its rider is. But the servant itself is nothing near human. However, it did not attack me when it saw me. The rider seemed to have it under control in a way."

Y/n: "Right. Then we should get berserker on board first."

Okita: "Yes, Berserker would be valuable as an ally right about now."

With that agreed, Y/n and the others headed out. As they walked along, Y/n's phone started to ring.

Y/n: "*sigh* how the fuck did you get this number, Rin?"

Rin: "Fujimura."

Y/n: "God dammit, teach. Whaddya want?"

Rin: "You're going after berserker, right?"