Chapter Six

She's back to the place where she finds peace

She's back to the place where she finds peace. It is because she is obsessed with an orange background when the sun is about to set. She has a fetish for how quiet the surroundings are at that particular hour.

Maybe at least, the deafening silence heals her broken character. This is where she and Sasuke met. Technically, not their first meeting because they use to be schoolmates during genin days.

Looking to the infinity of nothingness, she craves freedom, she craves liberty, she craves self-rule. Everything about her life is a mess. Yes, she knew she has privilege. She's a princess. She possesses regal things that others envy. She has everything that others dying for. She grits her teeth. No, I won't cry anymore. I will never!

"Hinata-chan?" The voice is somewhat curious.

She looks back to see who's claiming her name. "Naruto-Kun?" She blushes.

"What are you doing here?"

Naruto has matured completely. His face...oh my! What a beautiful sight indeed. His body...grip yourself, Hinata! 

"Nothing. I'm just in love with the scene in here," she looks away, embarrassed for being a pervert for the last five seconds.

Meanwhile, Naruto grinned broadly. He walks towards where she sits and decided to occupy the other side. He breathes heavily. Hinata is now looking at him. She can't help but admire his side profile. The childhood love she always has for him has once again awakened.

Naruto, you've been always my savior. You've been always my hero. You cast something in me which makes me strong. You always tell us to never give up no matter what. This is me still fighting. This is all because of you.

And that's when Naruto caught her looking at him. But this time, she refused to divert her vision at all.

"Hinata..." The way he pronounces her name makes her heart pound rapidly. "You look beautiful."

The breeze swirled around them which made her hair levitates gracefully. She broke the gaze between them. She thought she was going to faint like she always experienced when she was with him.

"You should know how happy I am now that you're back, too."

"Ah..."

Silence

"Today is my birthday."

"Ehhh?! You didn't tell me earlier!" He's pouting like a child.

"I just did now," she said, smiling.

"Is that a cake?" He asks while eyeing the cinnamon.

"Just bread."