Chapter Ten

Darkness succumbed to the background and the only visible light source is the full moon

Darkness succumbed to the background and the only visible light source is the full moon. Cricket's sound conquered the scene as if they also rejoice with Hinata and Naruto's rendezvous. They were like ancient lovers with forbidden romance secretly seeing each other in the dull.

After all, this isn't just a normal place for Hinata. This place holds a special spot in her heart for this is her mother's secret space. Too tragic that she passed away. Meanwhile, the young woman looks up to the stars and the view is indeed stunning.

"My mother once told me," she curled her arms together till it reaches her heart, "that I should confess what I truly feel in here," she gazes at Naruto adding, "and I think tonight is perfect."

The man smiles back, giving her the serenity she deserves. "I'm not just being kind because I love you or anything..."

At that particular moment, Hinata's eyes widened. "What did you say?"

Naruto rubs the back of his head, awkwardly lifts his head, stares at her, and took a deep breath. "I'm not trying to be kind or anything..."

"No, I want to hear it again. You said..."

"Hinata..."

Silence

"I said...I love you."

It was like a lullaby for her. It was soothing. It tingles her stomach. It was perfect. Those words came from the man she loves, It was ideal. He walks near to her; bending to reach her level enough to access her lips. They stared at each other for a while as Hinata curve her gentle smile. Her heart is pounding and it was indeed a remarkable night to remember.

"Let's live together, Hinata..."

Her eyes widened as those phrases echoed throughout her system. Naruto wipes the tears coming from her eyes adding, "I am serious. Let's live together."

"Do you know how you made me more than happy?"

The blond caresses her hair, as her scent fascinates him so much. He can feel her heartbeat and he's somehow thankful for it.

The woman looks up at him not breaking the embrace at all. They stared at each other for a while as Hinata curve her gentle smile. As a response, he kisses her forehead thinking, 'thank you, Hinata-chan' He smiled, it was a sincere one. Both heartbeats collided and it was indeed a remarkable night to remember.

"What did you say?!" Neji screamed, disappointed. "What are you doing, Naruto? It's been only a month! A month! And now you're asking her to live with you?! Are you crazy?"

"Let me take care of her," Naruto exclaimed, kneeling genuinely. Hinata did the same as well. She can't seem to face her cousin either Hiashi. She is ashamed.

"You!"

"Enough!" Hiashi finally spoke. "Hinata is not just any ordinary woman, kid. Tell me, how sure are you?"

"I will be a better partner for her."

Silence

"As a promise, you will make her happy. Will you, Naruto?" The old man loosens his usual intimidating aura.

"Uncle, what are you trying to do?"

"She is the Princess of the Hyuga clan. She is the heiress. She is my daughter," he stood up, "Do you understand what I am trying to declare, Naruto?"

"I do."

"Father..." Hinata can't even pronounce the right words to express how thankful she is for Hiashi. She is seeing the other side of her father. It's unusual. It's strange and it's something brand-new.

Sasuke leans on the wall getting bored as minutes passed

Sasuke leans on the wall getting bored as minutes passed. The village is surrounded by a thick mist, with several mountains in the background, making it difficult to find by ordinary people. Kirigakure's architecture is composed of several cylindrical buildings, with the Mizukage's office being the widest and largest. Most of the buildings have vegetation growing on their roofs.

Shino, Kiba, and he were assigned by Kakashi to bring the Mizukage safe to her village. Sasuke needs some distraction. He needs to end his obsession. It's unhealthy. It is crashing his demeanor. He is losing his sanity!

He needs to stop fantasizing about her. Uchiha is the clan with honor and he will never stain the reputation.

Ironic actually.

It has been stained a long ago. Who is he fooling anyway? He will never stain? He laughs inwardly remembering what he had done.

It has been a month without interaction with her or Naruto. Yes, he is aware. The news spread rampantly. It was official, Naruto and Hinata are getting married. The last time he heard, they were living under one roof. He smirks. 'finally, no annoying woman coming'

He is happy. He is happy with it. He needs to. He will never see her in his apartment. Isn't this what he wants? He's dying for this!

"Uchiha, you okay?" It was Shino.

The traitor did not even glance at him. He is busy lecturing himself. He is busy thinking about her!

"Yow!" Kiba pinches Shino saying, "this guy is weird," they both look at Sasuke.

A train of thoughts occupied the raven's head. Why is it him? Of all the people, why Hinata? Maybe it's just an illusion?

Maybe because he's vulnerable and the only person who approached him without hesitation was her?

Suddenly, Akamaru barked and that's what brought Sasuke back into reality. He caught the two shinobi looking at him.

"What do you want?" He asks, irritated.

"Take it easy, Uchiha. We're coming home," Shino exclaimed as he put his hand under his hoodie.

"But I don't want to go home."

"Wow...okay."