Chapter Fifteen

"Look who's back," Hanabi greeted her, glad.

"Well, am I welcome here?" Hinata smiled.

"Welcome home, Hinata-sama," Neji murmurs as he hugs her tightly. "Hiashi-sama  is waiting for you..."

"Hmmm..."

She opened the door and is graced by Hiashi's presence sitting, wearing his usual intimidating attitude. She walks towards him, kneeling as she grips herself before saying, "Greetings, father..."

His look is heavy while activating his Byakugan. "I hope you have learned something."

As a response, Hinata breathes heavily but such a gesture requires great confidence. She then curves a genuine smile. "I did. Thank you, father."

Some things do not need words to explain more. She realized it was the guardian who usually take the harshness of reality first. They take the burden first. They act tough as they should be the image of strength in the household.

She finally understood that the world does not only portray kindness. It can also be cruel. That's reality and reality does not guarantee leniency.

As one goes on to live, there are many things and feelings left unexplained. It remains a mystery how it leaves lessons in our hearts. It is fascinating and tragic at the same time.

She exhaled heavily.

What's wrong with you, Hinata!

She's holding the bag full of tomatoes, standing outside Sasuke's apartment. Her heart beats fast, What's wrong with you? She keeps on scolding herself.

She clutches the knob for she knew it wasn't even locked. She entered the dark, dusty apartment. As expected, he is not here.

Roaming her vision, she can't help but put a pleasant beam on her face since the atmosphere became euphoric.

She can feel her cheeks burn and it's kind of embarrassing.

Simultaneously, he's exhausted. He just came back from a mission. He and his team went directly to the Hokage office to give the report. They had a brief conversation with Kakashi and he dismissed them right away.

As he entered his apartment, he senses the surroundings were quite different. He recognized that chakra. The scent confirmed it as well.

"You're here," he murmurs.

Stunned to see him in a moment, Hinata lost the words to express what she felt. "You're...you're back."

"Because this is my house."

Well, that was awkward.

Is she doing the right thing? Is she rushing things? Is she using Sasuke?

She lowered her gaze, guilty.

"I'm worried about you," she retaliates.

Driven by his ungoverned sentiment, the man rushes towards her, embracing her tight in this perfect moment. It's like the world dissipates when their body touch. "I see you're nervous," he smirks. "But I miss you."

Hinata's heartbeat tripled. What if she's just overwhelmed? Like what happened to Naruto, what if...the only choice left is Sasuke?

Suddenly, the man pulls her more as both of them outbalance, falling on his bed. Her hand then travels to his head. She brushes his hair gently as she says, "Your hair is longer. I like it."

"So, let's live together."

"No."

"And why?"

"I don't want to rush everything. I don't want to use you," she continued brushing his hair.

"I know," he closes his eyes adding, "I will never be him."

Silence

"I don't want to lose you. I hate it," he proclaims.

"You won't lose me."

Silence is deafening.

"Can you say my name?"

"What?"

"I want to hear you say my name."

"H-Huh?" The butterflies in her stomach went uncontrollably.

"Say my name..."

Silence of awkwardness...

"S...Sasuke..."

"Cute..." He is teasing her.

Annoyed, she pinches his face saying, "You...you're making fun of me!"

He then moves to level her face. His look is intense as if he is eyeing her soul. "Marry me."

And that's when she suddenly gets up. She needs air. She is sure she's reddish! He seems romantic all of a sudden. It's embarrassing!

"I...I will cook your favorite..." She then runs outside.