Chapter Twenty-One

Spring

They both watch as the Sakura flowers levitate midair. Hinata inhaled the soothing air. She picks some and releases them throughout.

Sasuke watches her. A moment like this is beyond perfection. Hinata picks another petal and then put it on her ear as she smiled, contented.

"Naruto!" She screams excitedly. "Do you know how much I'm in love with you?"

The raven halts while looking at her. It was the look of sadness.

Why? Hinata...

"Did you hear me?" She screamed once more.

Sasuke stays still. He can see how glad she is while saying those words. He tightened his fist. His heart crumpled. But then, he lets himself drown in the thought that she's with him right now. Standing still, the woman embraces him as well. They stayed quiet for a while. It is close to perfection.

"I love you, Naruto..." She murmurs. The raven broke the hug. He is somehow shocked to see her pale eyes looking directly at him but still, he stays emotionless as usual. "What are you doing?" He asks. The woman curves a smile, "I want to see your heartbeats."

Silence

"Don't push yourself yet," he kissed her temple as he runs his finger through her feature.

Uzumaki Residence

Uzumaki Residence

"What do you want to eat?" Hinata asks as she prepares the dinner. Sasuke's vision was preoccupied with something. He is looking outside the big window. The woman approaches and kissed him on the cheeks. "Naruto-Kun, what's the matter?"

Shee caught Sasuke's attention. They are looking into each other's eyes now. He exhales heavily. "Everything. As long as you cook it," he replied lazily.

Hinata admires his face for a while. She's smiling. "I love your eyes. It's calming," she said while looking at his blue eyes.

He looks away because something pierced his heart.

"Prepare the dinner. I'll get something," he walks towards their room leaving Hinata startled.

Why he suddenly became cold?

As soon as he enters the room, he punches the wall multiple times. Naruto! Naruto! Naruto!

His hand is bleeding now. He runs his palm throughout his face. This is making him uncomfortable. Jealousy is really dangerous. He can't tame himself for a moment. He needs to breathe. This place is choking him.

When his breathing is even, he picks some tomatoes he hid from Hinata. He plans to eat this for dinner. He sighed heavily over and over.

He walks directly to the counter and heated the pot then immediately put the vegetables on it. Meanwhile, Hinata is waiting for him at their table. She is looking at him. "Naruto-Kun? Did...I say something offensive?" Her tone is sad.

Sasuke looks away.

Hinata sensed he is somehow distancing himself from her.

"I'm fine." He said coldly. The woman forces a beam.

He knew she was hurting.

Shit! What am I doing? He curses himself.

The sound of evaporating water dominates the counter. The raven turns off the stove. He put the soup in the bowl and immediately washed the pot. Hinata walks closer to him. "Naruto, join me for dinner." She begs but Sasuke is occupied with consuming the soup, "I'm good." He responds coldly.

He swiftly passes her by without hesitation. Hinata caught his hand and hug him from behind. "Naruto..." Tears came flowing. "Why are you like this? Do you plan to leave me?" Her weeping is almost a whisper. She thought she was going to break down.

Sasuke stays still. He grits his teeth as he closes his eyes. He needs to calm himself. He shouldn't act recklessly. Hinata is still vulnerable and sensitive. He should not rush things out. He turns around to face her. He kisses her forehead as he says, "I won't leave you," he curved with a genuine smile.