Chapter Sixteen

She constantly runs in an infinity of the unknown. She is catching her breath. She wanted to surrender. She is tired. She is losing too much chakra. She jumps and runs all over the trees but she failed to balance herself as she jumps on the other, and as a result, she fell to the ground. Her kekki genkai was abused. She can't use it properly this time.

"Don't kill me, Neji..." She begs for her life.

Meanwhile, Hanabi creepily approaches her holding the katana. Then, Neji harshly pulled her hair making her scream in pain. Her voice cracked as fear consumed her in no time.

"You are a disgrace to the clan. You deserve to die," Hanabi retaliates.

In just a second, she stabbed her sister right in her heart. Hinata spit volumes of blood. She is losing consciousness as she can hardly breathe.

Then she woke up gasping for air.

A nightmare.

She makes herself relax first and that's when she realized someone is hugging her from behind. Still catching her breath, she eyed the surroundings. The moon is the only light source in that room.

This is Sasuke's room. When her breathing is finally even, she turns to face him. He seems exhausted from the mission. For a while, she admires his feature. She sighed. For sure, Neji is looking for her now. Good thing she hid her chakra making it impossible to be tracked.

"Finally falling for me?" He said while smirking.

She was startled for a second. She thought he was asleep. Ashamed, she turns away but Sasuke stops her from doing so. He brings her close to his embrace.

"What's wrong?"

"No...nothing."

"Don't hide it."

The woman blinks twice not knowing what to say. But then. she manages to ask, "you're leaving tomorrow?"

"Yes."

"Slowly, you're gaining Konoha's respect. You don't know how happy I am."

He runs his hand to her curves. "Then, marry me."

"Stop it. It's not funny."

"What do you mean funny?"

"Marriage is not a competition. We should not rush it."

"You're back with your life quotes. You're turning me on."

Her heart skips a beat as Sasuke tightened his embrace. "I'll leave for a mission tomorrow. I expect you not to talk to another man."

"You're insane."