Chapter Seventeen

She was stuck staring at the ceiling as she lie on Sasuke's bed. She seems exhausted for such an unknown reason. All of a sudden, something is draining her system. Sasuke just left a while ago. She needs to go home so she helps herself get up. Her world spin as she arises. She went directly inside the bathroom.

What's going on?

She traces her stomach; something is creeping into her throat, something unusual; something bitter. She then throws up. Strange, her heart beats fast.

Don't tell me... 

She activated her Kekkei genkai and carefully scan her womb.

Then, there it is, a child, an unborn child. She covers her mouth. Tears of joy came flowing. She was startled. She scans it once more. She can see Sasuke's chakra flowing around their child. Fear then dominates her thoughts. She needs to find a way how to hide this for a while. This will for sure shock her clan and she may not like the ending.

Sasuke...come back soon.

She drew a genuine smile. For now, she will make sure to keep her child safe. For the meantime or at least, she thought.

"Where have you been?" Neji asks with a threat tracing his voice. They are walking in the hall.

"Somewhere..." Hinata is anxious. She is not in a stable mood. Her chakra is draining. She wants to throw up. She wants Neji to stop following her.

"You look tired."

The woman bites her lower lip, trying to find a way how to get her stuff so she can be with Sasuke until they both decide what's the next step since a child has been involved in the conversation.

"Neji, I want to be alone for a second, please..."

Neji's eyebrows twitch. "What's happening to you?"

She continues to throw up because something bitter needs to come out. As he remove the strand of her hair to somehow relieve her, he was shocked to see bruises all over her neck. He suspected it was love bites. He suddenly lost his composure. "Who did this?" His tone is way too cold.

Hinata suddenly covers it with her hand. She runs away but Neji is fast, he grabs her hand and pins her against the wall. As a response, Hinata grunted in pain, "I need to be alone, nii-san..."

"You never live with Naruto anymore! Who did this?!"

As fear dominates her system, her mouth trembles to utter the next words to say.

But then, he had the hint beforehand and he's scared once he'll confirm such, it won't be an illusion anymore. Without thinking rationally, he activates his kekkei genkai and scans her thoroughly.

"Y-You are pregnant?"

"Please, Neji..."

This is Uchiha's chakra. "You...You are pregnant with the Uchiha's?!"

"Brother...let me tell them, alright? Please..."

"Hinata, do you know what trouble you've let yourself into?"

"What? What do you mean?"

"The Uchiha―" He chuckled. "Of all the people, Hinata! You chose that clan!"

"Big brother..." She begged. "The fault of the previous elders can't be inherent by the one who survives. He's a changed man. He is different now," she flashes a genuine smile.