v. More Than That

╔═════════════╗

╔═════════════╗

✧·゚:CHAPTER FIVE*:·゚✧

╚═════════════╝

✧·゚: *✧·゚:*girl in the flower dress *:·゚✧*:·゚✧
date: 13th October 2013
location: the Bus, classified

    ━━Agent Clara Roy wondered━as she leaned on the Holocom━whether Fitz could be any less obvious. She found it hard to focus on the brief Coulson was giving when Fitz was beside her, watching Skye attentively with his chin on the palm of his hand. She tried to not let it annoy her, but she couldn't help it. What did Skye have that she didn't? Pretty hair, a pretty face, pretty eyes, a superior technological knowledge ... she had a lot Roy didn't have. So, yeah, she couldn't blame him. Why wouldn't he fancy her and not Roy? It made perfect sense.

    "Chan Ho Yin," Coulson was saying, picking out the Index file onto the Holocom for all of them to see. The picture of Chan Ho Yin didn't scream pyrokinetic, but the notes did. Roy fixed her focus on what was in front of her, instead of Fitz sending love-bird eyes over to Skye standing next to Ward. "Just a struggling street performer until a few years ago when Mister Chan began to exhibit moderate pyrokinetic abilities."

    "So what gave him powers?" wondered Fitz.

    "It's still under investigation, but Chan did live near the decommissioned Wan Tai nuclear plant when it caught fire," said Coulson. "To our knowledge, no other nearby residents have exhibited similar traits."

    "So how did we find out about him?" frowned Simmons.

    "Informant saw him lighting torches in a street show," explained May. "With his pinky."

    "Brought it to S.H.I.E.L.D.'s attention," nodded Coulson. "We told him to keep his abilities under wraps. He's been on the Index ever since."

    "The Index?" scoffed Skye.

    "It's a list S.H.I.E.L.D. keeps of people and objects with powers," said Roy, and this caused Skye's eyes to widen.

    "Wait, what?" she exclaimed. "How many are there? Are you saying there're more people━"

    "Not many," said May.

    "Well, enough to keep a list," Skye crossed her arms.

    "A short list," added Coulson. "Meant to protect him."

    "Though in rare cases," spoke up Ward, "S.H.I.E.L.D. has had to take action."

    "Action against objects or people?" Skye's eyes flickered to all of their gazes to try and get answers. When they didn't say anything, her brows jumped. "Well, that's drastic with a side of creepy. How are they monitored? Tapped phones? Satellite surveillance? Body probes in dark, unpleasant places?"