liv. Operation: Save Roy

╔═════════════╗

╔═════════════╗

✧·゚:CHAPTER FIFTY-FOUR*:·゚✧

╚═════════════╝

✧·゚: *✧·゚:* the singularity *:·゚✧*:·゚✧
date: April 29th, 2016
location: the Playground, Classified

━━Yo-Yo and Joey were gone. They left, dropping down at the Coccoon and determined to never come back. Jemma felt terrible. They left because they didn't feel safe; they didn't trust them anymore. They had made them feel like that. With Clara and Daisy gone, Lincoln and Leith had refused to leave. They were going to save them. Seeing Leith walk around the next day during clean up before they all headed to the Zephyr, she felt the need to apologise. They all thought it had been him when instead he had been framed by Clara and Daisy.

Clara.

Jemma felt like she should have known. She was her best friend. One of the people she trusted more than anyone. She had to get her back. They had to save her. She felt like she should have known it wasn't Leith, either.

Leith had been there to help her when he never had to. They didn't even know each other that much, but he had agreed to help her get back to Maveth, and that bloomed into a great friendship. And she had been ready to throw that away because of what? She was scared?

And now he wanted to leave, as well. After they found Clara and Daisy, he had said to Coulson, throwing his badge down: "I don't want to be apart of this anymore."

Jemma didn't know what to tell him to make him stay. She didn't even know why it was so important to her that he did. She didn't control him. He was able to make his own choices━he was an adult, and a very capable one at that. But, the thought of him leaving forever and not coming back, it made her want to just grab his hand and tug him back. "Don't go!" she wanted to cry out. "Stay!"

But what was her reason? That they were friends? No, she didn't have a reason; at least, not one that felt authentic. Friends didn't seem enough, and it confused her.

Everyone was out of their minds, though. Jemma and Leith were only the surface of it all. Jemma has never seen Fitz so angry, and so stubborn. The closest she ever got was when they returned up from the underground city without Clara, and Fitz had stared at her and Trip and exclaimed, "Are you lot mad?!" But even this was more than that.

One misshap, and Fitz was off cursing. He'd slam his tools down and snap something like, "Why don't you go off and so something useful?! Bloody hell!" And Simmons had to be there to calm him down, and tell him to take a breather and be nice.

Jemma knew he was feeling just as guilty as she was. Maybe more. She had known Fitz and Roy for over ten years, and the entire time, she knew they were something special. Her father used to talk to her about stars when she was recovering from her back surgury to help her scoliosis. He had told her a little about navigation, and true North. True North was home. Jemma could tell from the moment she met them, that Clara and Fitz were each other's true North; each other's home. And now, half of Fitz was gone, and he would do anything to find her again. Jemma could believe he'd travel time and space if he had to, and so she helped him. She helped him work nonstop all night and morning to find a way to help their friends.