xxxi. Change Is Scary II

╔═════════════╗

╔═════════════╗

✧·゚:CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE*:·゚✧

╚═════════════╝

✧·゚: *✧·゚:* love in the time of hydra *:·゚✧*:·゚✧
date: April 16th, 2015
location: The Playground, Classified

    ━━Clara has had a few heart attack patients in her career. She managed to save nearly all of them, except for Seth. It seemed almost satirical, that she nearly died herself from a heart attack caused by her powers. She saved a life, only to receive a terrible reminder that she couldn't save another. It made her want to let out a bitter chuckle because it seemed like these powers just grew from her own feelings, her own toxic thoughts. She'll help anyone despite her pain, despite her wellbeing. Everyone else before herself━and that was why when she couldn't save someone, it hurt so much. It was sewn into her DNA to be the helper. Always the helper. It always came back to bite her on the arse, but she accepted it because, at the same time, she thought she deserved it. It was really messed up, but it was a circle she couldn't escape from.

    The time to recover from a heart attack can vary, but Clara knows for certain she shouldn't be feeling the way she was this soon. She woke up the next day and seemed to be almost completely better. No pain, no nothing except for feeling really really tired. It confused her, but at the same time, it made sense. She wasn't given this from natural means. This was Inhuman means, and so there were Inhuman responses.

    Clara suddenly knew how Skye felt when she had been shot, stuck in her hospital bed unable to get up and move. Roy has been caught trying to reach, or to stand up far too many times, and now she feels like a great big hypocrite. Today, she managed to sit up without anyone getting angry with her. She rested her back against the bed and took a breath. She was still tired━very tired. Like she had been up for a week straight with no sleep.

    She turned her head to the side and saw Coulson sitting in the chair next to her bed. Clara gave him a tired smile. "All right, sir?"

    Coulson's brows were furrowed with worry, "I should be asking you that question."

    "I'm fine," she murmured, shifting once again. "No pain, no tightness, nausea, swelling, shortness of breath, I'm just tired."

    "You sound frustrated by that."

    "It's because I am," Clara said. "I should be feeling a mixture of all those things. But I'm not. I'm fine but I'm not fine and this is not how biology works." She rubbed her eyes gently, wires and the oximeter scratching her brow and nose. Clara settled her head back onto the pillow and stared at her Director━someone who has become very important to her. He had always been important, but over the year, he had gotten so important ... Clara doesn't know what she would do if she lost him.