x. In The Dead Of Night

╔═════════════╗

╔═════════════╗

✧·゚:CHAPTER TEN*:·゚✧

╚═════════════╝

✧·゚: *✧·゚:*  the bridge  *:·゚✧*:·゚✧
date: 1st December 2013
location: The Bus, Classified

    ━━"At 0800 hours, three men infiltrated the Havenworth Federal Penitentiary."

    "Infiltrated?" Skye scoffed at the video footage they watched of men exploding down into the cafeteria, picking up a single man and then zipping straight back up through the roof. "more like cannon-balled."

    "They were in and out in less than two minutes," continued Coulson. "Left no prints at the scene. But, we do have one lead━" swiping up from the Holocom, the monitor on the wall zoomed down in onto one of the men who had jumped down, picturing a signature Centipede serum enhancement stuck to their arm. Roy crinkled her nose (ugh, these guys again?). "It seems they salvaged some of their research from Hong Kong."

    This caused Roy and Simmons to share an excited look. "So we were right!" said Roy, gesturing between her and her friend. "Chan's platelets solved their combustion problem!"

    "Now they can create super-soldiers with no fear of explosion!" Simmons shook her head, chuckling in disbelief.

    Fitz leaned in closer to them, muttering a quick, "Maybe don't get so excited about it."

    Both girls went red and muttered sheepish apologies.

    "Two of Centipede's labs have been destroyed," Coulson said. "But they keep popping back up. Now they have at least three of these guys. Maybe more."

    "Who'd they break out?" asked May, fresh from her work out.

    "Edison Po," Coulson brought up his mug shot. Roy furrowed her brows at the dead-space that was his gaze, glaring them all down. "Former Marine. Expert in tactics and rapid response. He fell off the grid in '08, reappeared eighteen months ago at a diner in Boston."

    "Where he stabbed a friend's eyes out," Ward muttered, glancing at the younger agents who all stared, gobsmacked at this news.

    "With a steak knife," added Coulson. "Then finished his meal."

    "That's funny," Skye narrowed her eyes at the picture. "Po doesn't look crazy━" everyone turned to stare at her, confused. What? Seeing this, she frowned, "I'm kidding. The guy is a walking mug shot."