xxxvi. Mother's Daughter

╔═════════════╗

╔═════════════╗

✧·゚:CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX*:·゚✧

╚═════════════╝

✧·゚: *✧·゚:* sos, part one *:·゚✧*:·゚✧
date: May 8th, 2015
location: Afterlife, Classified

    ━━"What are you talking about?"

    Simmons pulled Roy to her feet once the pins were gone. Clara stumbled, but she was desperate the get her clothes back on and search for her brother and find Jiaying so she could make her pay. At this moment, she didn't care that was her friend's mother. All she cared about was that finally, she figured out part of the truth, and she needed to know the rest. She needed to find her, demand why, and then make her realise just how much pain she had caused Clara.

    "My brother━he's held captive," Roy reached for her jeans and jumper, slipping them one without even worrying about her shirt. "He didn't kill my father. He was framed."

    "By who?"

    "By Jiaying. Don't know why, but she did."

    "Skye's mother?" Simmons looked terribly confused. "But━why would she kill your father?"

    "I don't know!" Clara reached for her belongings and threw them over her shoulder. "But are you coming with me or not?"

    "What?"

    "To find my brother!" Roy said, frustrated. "Jemma, come on, we have to get him out of here!"

    Outside, the ground shook, and seconds following it was a large BOOM that wracked their bones. Roy froze for a second to stare out of the door, eyes wide, "What was that?"

    "I don't know," breathed Simmons, "but━Clara━listen. Jiaying━she's been attacked. She said Gonzalez shot her; declared war."

    Even scaring herself, Roy muttered, "Good━"

   "No, Clara━" Jemma grabbed her arm to stop her from going outside, "━we need to get out of here! We need to get you out of here."

    "I need to find my brother," Clara argued, desperate. "He's in danger! They locked him up and framed him. I don't know why, but first, I have to get him out of here so I can! So, will you help me, or not?"

    Simmons looked torn. She glanced back and forth between the door, Roy and her watch. "Do you know where he is?" she asked.

    Roy pursed her lips, and gripped her gear tighter. "I have an idea."

    "Well ..." Jemma took a deep breath, before gritting her teeth with fresh determination. "We don't have much time, so let's go!"

    Clara breathed a relieved grin, but had no time for anything else. Breaking out into a run, she and Jemma ducked into the Afterlife streets as gunshots and explosions filtered the air. Looking up, Simmons gasped, horrified. "Is that━that's a S.H.I.E.L.D. quinjet! Why would they attack━on whose orders━?"