xxxvii. Science, Biatch

╔═════════════╗

╔═════════════╗

✧·゚:CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX*:·゚✧

╚═════════════╝

✧·゚: *✧·゚:* sos, part two *:·゚✧*:·゚✧
date: May 9th, 2015
location: The Playground, Classified

    ━━By the next day, Cal was good as new. It was early in the morning, before sunrise. None of them had slept, trying to track down the signal for the Illiad where Jiaying had attacked. Roy had a drive in her step; she wanted to save Skye, but also at the same time ... her mother was on that ship. It was strange, this sudden need to help her, to rescue her. But Clara didn't want their first conversation to be the last, and the only conversation she's ever had with her. She didn't want to lose her mother after just finding her, and finding out that she had been innocent this entire time. She wanted her to help her and Leith find out why Jiaying had killed her father. She wanted her mother. She wanted a mum. And for a moment, she had had her, even if she didn't take it in. She had a mother who cared about her, in her own way. Who loved her, who had missed her, who had sung to her and ran her fingers through her hair ... now that she didn't have it, that the feeling was gone, Roy hadn't realised how much she truly craved it now that the chance of never having it again was high in the air.

    "Well," Roy spoke up as Coulson entered the lab, looking sombre. "His physical changes have improved━" she nodded to Skye's father, who sent her a wild grin.

    "Careful," he joked. "I'm a married man."

    Roy didn't exactly like that joke. She turned to Simmons, a little awkward. Cal gestured around to the destroyed with a sheepish, "Sorry, Phil. This looks expensive."

    "We have a tab running," replied the Director.

    Cal just smiled and pointed a finger at his joke.

    Fitz quickly appeared, looking a little flustered and rushed, "Sir, the carrier's distress call, it's expanded to all channels."

    Leith looked up from where he had been chilling in one of the surviving chairs with a frown. "Why would she do that? That just exposes us more━Jiaying wants all Inhumans to be safe."

    "I think she's changed tactic," muttered Clara with pursed lips. Handing off the tablet to Simmons, she couldn't help but follow Coulson and Fitz as they made their way up to the small set of monitors. She pursed her lips, frowning at the beaming red dots crossing all over the world.

    "Jiaying used Cal's distraction to take over that ship in minutes," said Coulson, and Fitz nodded.

    "Yeah," murmured Fitz. "It's intimidating."