xxii. Here's To Moving On

╔═════════════╗

╔═════════════╗

✧·゚:CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO*:·゚✧

╚═════════════╝

✧·゚: *✧·゚:*  shadows  *:·゚✧*:·゚✧
date: 30th May, 2014
location: the Playground, Classified

━━"Fitz," he closed his eyes, trying to block her out. Focusing on the frequencies in his ear, he gripped the edge of the lab desk, trying to make sense of his head. There was a pain in his temple, something he couldn't get rid of. Fitz had Skye's findings out in front of him, trying to be useful. But he couldn't with her nagging in the back of his head. "Fitz now would be the time I'd have you test the resonate frequencies of the metal so that I could determine what properties we're dealing with."

He shook his head, letting out a deep breath he had been holding. Come on, he told himself, just breathe, just think. Fitz heard Clara's footsteps as she came to stand closer to him. "Fitz? Fitz, can you even hear me?"

Annoyed, he gave up and pulled out the earplug from his ear, giving her a look. "Yes, Roy, I can hear you." She gave him a happy smile, but he scoffed at it. "I'm trying to hear the bloody resonant frequency you keep going on about, but all I can hear is you."

She gaped at him, offended. "Calm down! I'm only asking━" she followed him back to his desk, hovering over his shoulder; a shadow he couldn't get rid of, "━you haven't been able to isolate━?"

"No, I haven't been able to isolate the ..." Fitz closed his eyes at the pause. He knew the world, it was on the tip of his tongue. Caged and held back. "The ..." annoyed, he snapped his finger trying to remember. "The━uh━the..."

"Rate of oscillation," prompted Roy and he pushed off his desk.

"Yes, I was about to say that, actually. And, no, I haven't because it keeps ..." Fitz pulled at his ears, trying to remember, trying to push the word off his tongue. Turning back to his desk, he tapped his foot. Deep breaths, deep breaths, Fitz━ "What's the word again? Give me the word."

"Fluctuating━"

"Yes," he cut Roy off and grabbed his pad of paper, travelling to the other side of his desk to look at his notes. She followed. "Good. Fine. Thanks. Go away."

He tried to write what he heard━or lack there-of, thanks to Roy━, but Clara's gentle hand on his back sent shivers. Fitz closed his eyes, shaking his head. No, go away. Go away. "Have you taken your medication?"

Fitz grabbed the bottle with a frustrated, "Yes!" and rattled it in her face. His anger got the best of him when he threw it back down onto the desk. Roy's gaze followed the bottle, and soon, she gasped. She leant closer past Fitz's shoulder, and he felt her hair brushing his cardigan. Quickly, he held his hand out, "No. Don't. Don't. Please don't touch anything."