xxxviii. A New And Brave World

╔═════════════╗

╔═════════════╗

✧·゚:CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT*:·゚✧

╚═════════════╝

✧·゚: *✧·゚:* laws of nature *:·゚✧*:·゚✧
date: November 27th, 2015
location: Seattle, Washington

    ━━He ran as fast as he could.

    Through the Seattle streets, his feet pounded against the pavement. Breathless, he glanced back where his apartment was in ruins━a large, gaping hole in the side he had created. It had melted from his hands, cascading down into the streets below with screams and cries. He had just taken fish-oil pills, he swears! And then suddenly he was cocooned up in rock and ash━

    The wind blew against him, making him stumble. Looking up, he saw helicopters━at least five of them━all caving in on his location. With a jolt to his stomach, he tried to run faster. Pushing past a parked car, he let out a shout when the hood melted and the engine exploded right out. Screams echoed around him as everyone ducked for cover from the red-hot flames. Holding his arms over his head, he pushed past, hearing gunshots from above.

    Catching his breath as another car exploded from the helicopter's fire up above, he stepped back to see the pole his hands had touched melt right down. The homeless person not far away who had begged for shelter in the coffee shop pointed at him and shouted, "Did you see what he did?!"

    Stumbling away, he held his hands out towards the man, pleading apologies. He didn't know what was happening━what was happening to him?! A car screeched to a halt, barely stopping before it would have run him over. "HEY!" shouted the guy in the drivers seat. "GET OFF THE ROAD!"

    "I━I'm sorry!" he tried to say, rushing back to the pavement. There was a stitch in his side, he could hear the helicopters beating against the wind above. He was just trying to get to the hospital! "I'm so sorry!"

    Breathless, he leaned against a construction scaffold, only to bounce away in fear of the metal dripping like water onto the sidewalk. Holding his hands out, he stared at his fingers. He did that━he did that!

    The scaffold creaked. Looking up, he shouted for people to get away as the levels of metal casing fell down onto the ground. SMASH! It landed on a parked car, sending the windows shattering out to the road. More screams, more panic, more running━running from him!

    "I━I'm sorry!" he pleaded, keeping his hands close and away from anything. Stepping back out onto the road, he looked around for somewhere to run and hide. "I'm so sorry! I don't know what's happening to me! I'm just tryihng to get to the hospital! Please!"