xxx. The Helper

╔═════════════╗

╔═════════════╗

✧·゚:CHAPTER THIRTY*:·゚✧

╚═════════════╝

✧·゚: *✧·゚:* one of us *:·゚✧*:·゚✧
date: April 12th, 2015
location: The Playground, Classified

    ━━"You believe me now?"

    Clara frowned at Leith from where she lied on her bed in the Cage on the Bus. This was a choice she and Skye made, to separate themselves from the rest of the team. They didn't want to put them in danger, and after hearing what Mack said, we need protection from them! she wanted more than anything to just hideaway. She doesn't know what she could do, and maybe instead of giving her intense pain, what if she threw that onto someone else? Clara couldn't let that happen; never.

    And so here she was, distancing herself and keeping herself locked up. It was the right thing to do, and even if Clara felt so alone, she kept pushing through it. We'll figure it out, she reminded herself. We'll figure this out

    Fitz visited her sometimes when he wasn't busy. She didn't know what to say or talk about. And when Jemma would come in and ask whether she was okay, Clara would smile painfully and nod, even though they both knew she wasn't. Cooped up here, she began to think of Dearest Clarissa more than she'd like to admit. She'd think about her dad, and lie down in her bed and wish he was still here with her, and when she thought no one was watching, she'd cry. 

    Leith still annoyed her in her dreams, and she looked forward to it ... even though Clara wouldn't admit it. She started to think, okay, so if he's my brother, my actual brother, what does that mean? Where is he? Where is my family? Why was I taken away? She had so many questions, but without the energy to ask them.

    "I dunno," she murmured.

    Leith pursed his lips, and leaned his head back against the edge of the bed. "I wish I could help you with your powers, but what you described, I haven't seen anything like it. But ... we all get our powers for a reason, to balance out the universe."

    This angered her. Did he really try and tell her that she was meant to feel incredible pain for a reason? "Is that a joke ... are you trying to make me feel better━?"

    "Yeah, that was shitty, I know ..." sighed Leith. "I'm sorry. I wish I could help, but I'm stuck. I can't leave."

    "Where are you?"

    "Honest? Don't really know." Her brows rose at those wods, confused. "I mean, I'm asleep━I've been asleep for a long time, Clara. Months now."

    "What ..." she frowned, feeling her breath hitch in her alarm. "How? What happened?"

    "Mother dearest," Leith muttered bitterly. "After we found where Dad was, and before I could find him and you, she just went━poof━and bam, here I am, in a coma and I don't even know whether I'm still home."