present

when you see this symbol "~" play the song above!

5
present

"GOOD MORNING." You beamed as some of your classmates entered the common area. They were met by a large breakfast on the table.

"Woah, did you cook this?" Tsu asked, examining the table of food. You nodded. "I felt really bad for what happened yesterday evening. I shouldn't have argued with Bakugo in front of all of you."

"Don't feel sorry! It's totally okay!" Kirishima assured you. "I just think the two of you should talk it out."

"In his dreams." You huffed. Kirishima sighed. "It was worth a shot." He mumbled.

Bakugo entered the common area a few moments later, immediately locking eyes with you. The two of you held eye contact, clearly still angry with each other.

You bit your tongue before turning in the other direction. "I have to go. I'm volunteering in the office all day today."

"Have lunch with us, okay?" Midoryia asked as you picked up your bag. You smiled and gave a thumbs up. "Sure. See you guys around."

. . .

"What's this? A piano?" Todoroki examined the instrument that now sat in the corner of the room. The rest of the class entered the room, returning from school.

"What's a piano doing in the common area?" Mina jogged towards it, running her fingers across the top.

You and Midoryia, along with Ochako and Iida exited the elevator, and your eyes landed on the instrument. "Oh my god." You mumbled as your excitedly walked towards it.

"Is this yours, y/n?" Midoryia asked.

"Why would it be hers?" Iida questioned.

"Oh that's right, you guys don't know. Y/n is extremely talented at the piano. She has perfect pitch."

"What? No way, that's so awesome!" Mina squealed. You picked up a yellow sticky note.

To make your stay more tolerable.
-Principal Nezu

"It's a gift from the principal. I guess my uncle told him I enjoy playing."

"Can you play something for us?" Kirishima asked as he and Bakugo entered the room. You shrugged. "Sure, why not."

"Yay!" Mina jumped into the couch next to Jirou. The rest of the class sat around the room, prepared to listen to you play. As much as Bakugo wanted to leave...

he loved hearing you play.

You adjusted your skirt as you sat on the stool. You opened the covering and ran yours hands across the keys.

~ You started to play, pressing your fingers on each ivory. Midoryia smiled, happy that he finally got to hear you play again. On the other hand, the rest of the class had their mouths on the floor.

"Woah." Jirou whispered.

"She looks so...graceful." Momo said.

"She's amazing." Kirishima smiled.

Bakugo felt his stomach churn. He reminisced to the time he attended one of your recitals. He remembered how nervous you were to perform in front of a live audience.

"I don't think I can go out there."

"What? You play in front of me all the time."

"Yeah, but you're one person! There's, like, a million people out there!"

"There's not that many-"

"That isn't the point...I don't think I can do it, Kacchan."

"If you ever get nervous, just look for me."

"Look for you?"

Bakugo watched as you turned your gaze to him.

"If you feel yourself getting nervous playing in front of a bunch of people, just look at me. Pretend like it's just you and me in the room."

The two of you held eye contact for a few seconds before you looked back down at the keys. Bakugo felt his heart drop to his stomach.

"...Okay! From now on when I get nervous, I'll look at you!"

Did she just...look at me?