lies

19 lies

19
lies

YOU RUSHED OFF STAGE as the audience cheered for your performance. You ran behind the curtain and into your dressing room, changing into a pair of sneakers and grabbing your bag.

You swung the door open and ran out into the auditorium hallway excitedly.

Mom! Dad! I'm coming!

Suddenly, Bakugo appeared in front of you, stopping you with his arm and grabbing you by the waist. He picked you up and turned you in the other direction

"Calm down, speedy fingers."

"What the hell- Bakugo? How did I play? Did you like it?" You asked, your voice hyper.

"It was amazing, y/n." He gave a small smile.

"OH! My parents! Sorry, Bakugo, I gotta go!" You remembered, brushing past him. He grabbed your wrist, stopping you. "Hey, what are you doing?"

Bakugo stayed silent. "Kacchan, if you have anything to say, I have to go see my parents."

"Y/n-"

"They're probably wondering where I am. I bet they recorded it and everything-"

"Y/n-"

Your phone started to buzz. You quickly fumbled through your bag and took out your phone.

Dad

"Hold that thought!" You cheered, answering the phone. "Hi Daddy! Did you like my performance? Where are you guys, I'll come meet you?"

"Hey...we ended up not getting on the flight. Your mother and I got asked to spend a few nights at a resort with some old co-stars."

You felt your heart drop. Your body stiffened.

"Sorry we didn't call the night before. Call soon. I'm sure you were great."

————.

The phone let out three long, tone-deafening beeps.

Bakugo watched as your arm fell to your side, your phone nearly slipping out of your hand. "Y/n-"

"You lied to me." You whispered.

"Listen to me-"

"You're no better than them." You mumbled. Bakugo felt a sharp jab in his chest. "Don't compare me to your shitty ass parents-"

"YOU DON'T GET TO CALL THEM SHITTY!"

"AND WHY DON'T I, Y/N!" He shouted back, grabbing your wrist. "IS IT BECAUSE YOU KNOW I'M RIGHT?"

"YOU AREN'T! YOU'RE WRONG! THEY JUST COULDN'T MAKE IT-"

"STOP MAKING EXCUSES FOR THEM! THEY CHOSE TO GO TO A FUCKING RESORT RATHER THAN SEEING THEIR KID THAT THEY ABANDONED!-"

You slapped your hand across his face, the loud sound echoing through the empty corridor.

"STOP TALKING ABOUT ME LIKE I WAS SOME PUPPY THEY DROPPED OFF AT A DUMPSTER! THEY CARED FOR ME!" You cried, your mascara starting to run. Bakugo rubbed his cheek, adjusting his jaw.

"You'll never fucking get it." He growled. You grabbed him by the shirt and shook him angrily. "GET WHAT, BAKUGO? Tell me! What am I not understanding!?"

"That your parents don't fucking prioritize you!" He shouted. "There's people who actually love you, yet you keep running back to the people who couldn't give a shit about you!"

"Stop it-"

"Stop acting dumb! You know I'm right..." He whispered, grabbing your wrist to make you let go of his shirt. "You know I'm right."

You stared at the ground, falling into Bakugo. "...What did I do wrong?...Why don't they want me?"

"You're not the problem." He whispered, wrapping his arms around your neck. "They're stuck in the life of Hollywood superstars."

"I just want them to love me." You cried. Bakugo pushed your head off your chest and wiped your cheek.

"...I love you."

Your eyes widened. "What?"

"I love you." He whispered. "I'll tell you as many times as you want, as long as you stop waiting around for your parents."

You felt your eyes swell with tears again. "Why the hell are you crying again!?" Bakugo jeered.

"ʸᵒᵘ ˡᵒᵛᵉ ᵐᵉ?" You whimpered.

Bakugo chuckled and brought you into another hug. "Yeah, but don't go blabbing it around or I'll kill you."

You started to sob again. Bakugo covered your mouth. "WHY ARE YOU CRYING SO MUCH!" He complained. You looked up at him with teary eyes.

"...I've never stopped loving you y/n. Every since we were kids, I've loved you. And I'm tired of you letting live your damn life for your parents. If it's love that you want from them...then take my love."

You removed Bakugo's hand from your mouth and smiled. "You mean that?"

He nodded. Without thinking, you leaned in and planted a kiss on his lips. "...I love you too, Bakugo."

"...This doesn't feel right." He mumbled.

"WHAT? WHAT DID I DO?" You asked embarrassed.

"I don't like your eyes been one color. It doesn't feel like you." He muttered, hiding his red face.

Suddenly, you were quickly taking out your contacts. "What the fuck, calm down! You're going to poke out your eyes-"

You looked back at Bakugo, your eyes quickly glitching from color to color. Bakugo smiled, pulling you in by the waist.

"That's better." He whispered, interlocking his lips with yours. His warmth made your heart skip a beat. You didn't realize it, but both of you had been yearning for each other for years.

And now you were finally together again.