phone call

16 phone call

16
phone call

a week later, 6 days before the Cultural Fest

"DINNER IS READY!" You announced to your friends. Kirishima hopped over the couch to grab a plate first. "Thanks, y/n!"

You giggled. Suddenly, you felt your phone buzz. You reached for your back pocket. You felt your heart drop when you saw the name.

Mom

"Excuse me for a second, guys." You whispered, jogging out of the room. Bakugo watched as you disappeared around the corner.

"Wonder if it was urgent." Kirishima said, stuffing his face with a meat bun.

Meanwhile, you leaned against the wall and took in a deep breath. You pressed the green button and brought the phone to your ear. "Hey, mom."

"Hi, y/n? How have you been? It's been a few months since I called you!"

It's been a year and a half...

"Yeah, it has...hasn't it."

"Your uncle called us earlier to let us know you were doing good. I heard you're having a recital?"

"A recital?...Oh you mean the Cultural Fest. I'm just doing the opening act."

"How would you like for me and your father to come visit? We would love to watch you play!"

Your heart dropped.

"W-What?"

"Listen, y/n. I know your father and I haven't been the best parents. We're living the dream! I'm sure you saw our new movie a few months back, right?"

Did she call me to humbly brag about leaving her daughter behind?

"But we want to be better parents. We want to see you. We can have lunch after your performance, and you can catch us up on things!"

You were speechless. "Y-You and Dad? Are...are going to come visit me?"

"Yes! We haven't seen you since you were a kid! I bet you've grown a pretty, yeah? So what do you say?"

"...S-Sure. You and Dad can come watch me perform."

"Awesome! What's that? Oh, sorry hun, I got to go, manager is waiting for me. Talk soon!-"

"W-Wait, Mom-" You sighed as you listened to the line beep. You slid down the wall and buried your hands into your face, tears filling your eyes.

Bakugo peeked out from behind the corner. "Y/n?"

As you slowly looked up, Bakugo noticed your glossy eyes, tears streaming down your face. "They want to see me." You whispered.

Bakugo walked over to you and knelt at your side. "Who?"

"My mom and dad. They wanna come see me perform at the Cultural Fest." You cried, smiling at your lap. Bakugo sighed. "Y/n, I don't know if that's a great idea."

"They wanna be better parents." You whispered, looking up at Bakugo. "That's what she said."

Bakugo brought your head to his chest, you quietly sobbing into his shirt.

"...Please don't get your hopes up."