midnight

6midnight

6
midnight

YOU ENTERED THE COMMON AREA later that night with a pen and paper in hand, along with a linen cloth. You sat at the piano and started to clean the ivories lightly with the cloth.

A few moments later, a dark figure entered the room, making you slightly jump. "Oh, it's just you."

Bakugo growled. "What the fuck are you doing sitting in the dark?"

"Learning about the piano."

"What?"

"I didn't play that well today because I'd never played on this piano before. I didn't have time to learn the sound of each key. And the keys were brand new, so it was hard for my fingers to move easily from-" You explained before stopping yourself.

"Forget it."

Bakugo watched as you continued to clean the ivories. "Y/n."

"What now?" You mumbled.

"Why did you look at me earlier when you played for everyone?"

You froze. "I'm not sure what you're talking about."

"Don't play fucking dumb." He mumbled, walking towards you. He leaned his elbows on the edge of the instrument. You stood up from the stool. "Don't lean on the piano-"

"You got nervous?"

You stiffened. "And? What if I did?" You whispered angrily.

Bakugo scoffed. "You haven't changed a bit, you know."

"I can say the same for you." You hissed, grabbing your pen and paper. "The hell is that supposed to mean?"

"Don't play fucking dumb." You mimicked. Bakugo bit the inside of his mouth before grabbing you by the wrist. "Wanna say that again-"

"Why can't you just apologize?" You whispered. Bakugo loosened his grip around your wrist. "Why can't you just say sorry? Admit you were wrong? You left me out to dry and never came back for me. I really thought you hated me, you know."

Bakugo felt his heart pinch.

"I thought you weren't supposed to leave my side. Yet you did. I mean, I know you were only doing it to fit in, but," You looked up at him, your eyes changing from blue to red.

"It still hurt. You ditched me faster than I could blink."

Bakugo guiltily stared back at you. He placed his forehead on your shoulder. Your breath hitched.

"I'm.... sorry." He whispered before looking back up at you with a soft expression. "I'm really, really....sorry, y/n."

You could tell he was being serious. Like he had been wanting to tell you that forever.

He moved one of your curls out of your face. "And you played great today. No one could tell that you missed a fucking note."

"So you heard it too? I always mess up on that-"

"Shut up." He groaned, walking towards the fridge. You felt a small smile spread across your face as you hugged him around the waist from behind.

"What the-" He mumbled as you caught him off guard. He relaxed before turning around and hugging you back.

"I know you missed me." You whispered. He scoffed. "Hell no. I forgot you even existed."

You stepped on his toe. "Don't lie. It's bad to lie."

"Fucking-Didn't have to step on my toe." He winced, then hugging you tighter. "...I did miss you...A lot."

You looked up and smiled. "As you should."

"Man, shut the fuck up." He scoffed, pushing you away and walking towards the fridge. You let out a chuckle before looking over at the clock.

"It's getting late. I'll see you in the morning, Bakugo." You said, walking towards the elevator. He nodded. "See ya, Picasso."

"...Picasso is an artist." You corrected.

"No he fucking isn't. He's the one who played Fur Elise."

"Are you an idiot? That was Beethoven."

"Then who the fuck is Picasso?"

"Not a piano player, that's for sure."

"I'm too tired to argue with you right now, Motzart." He mumbled, turning the corner. You chuckled.

"Your nicknames never fail to make me laugh." You whispered.