18

You decided to stay in your cabin for a bit longer than usual, partly because you weren't feeling the best, and partly because you didn't want Gonta to be disappointed about you not being there when he got back.

You tidied a few things up, started the laundry, and just as you sat down to relax a little, Gonta returned.

He signaled his arrival by slamming the door open, not realizing his own strength, and then profusely apologizing about doing so. You assured him that you understood it was just an accident.

Then, you noticed all the bags in his hands. There was much more in there than just chocolate.

Gonta grinned and presented you with everything he picked out for you.

"Gonta got y/n chocolates and ice cream and cookies and..." he blushed, not wanting to say the last thing he got. But you were glad that he had thought to even buy you some pads. You wondered if he had to ask for help.

"Oh, sweetie, you really didn't have to get all of this for me!" You frowned. You love the thought, but you didn't want him spending all of his money just on you, it doesn't feel right.

"Gonta wanted to! His girl is doing her period and it is gentlemanly to buy her chocolates! Y/n said chocolates would help!!" He retorted.

"But..." you whimpered, looking guiltily at everything. It really was too much.

Gonta bent down, kissing you on the forehead and cupping your cheek with his huge hand so you would look up at him.

"Y/n deserves all of this and more from not just Gonta, but the world too. Y/n is a good person! She is kind and sweet and loving and likes bugs... and she is lovely and smart and beautiful, too. She deserves to be happy." He smiled.

You couldn't help it, a tear slid down your cheek. You never heard anyone say anything like that to you in your life.

You hugged the bigger man tight, allowing him to stroke your hair. You both said nothing, but that was what you both needed. All you needed was to know that you were with each other. And that was enough.